Does anyone have Water aerobics and swimming Tips?

Options
Hey Everyone,

I just taught myself how to swim, but I find it hard to do more than 3 freestyle laps.I also do the doggie paddle and breast stroke, but Im not sure if I am burning the maximum calories I want in one hour. If anyone has some water aerobic exercises or any swimming routines, that would like to share...Pleeeaaase Share :smile: ...........Thanks alot Guys!

Replies

• familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    I love to do water aerobic by an instrutor its if fabulous , although I burn more calories in like a zumba class or ulimate cardio class water aerobic is low impact and great to start off!!

Glad you are here and keep up the great job
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Yeah, water aerobic classes are great!!!

Who would ever think you could sweat while in the water!! :laugh:

You GO Girl! :flowerforyou: :love:
  • lolo0727
    Options
    try using a kick board or a pull-bouy to work specfic parts of your body. it also will work own stroke. a good set for kick that i enjoy is this:

4x50s (50 yd=2 lengths)
    hard for 1 length(25yds)-easy 1 length(25yds)
    easy1 length(25yds)-hard1 length(25yds)
    hard1 length(25yds)-hard1 length(25yds)
    easy1 length(25yds)-easy1 length(25yds)

hard is sprint and where you push yourself! easy take a breather and a break for pushing yourself!

good luck! swimming is great exercise, esp on your joints :)
  • mandiewalters
    mandiewalters Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My gym has some float belts, so I put one on and swim laps with it. It helps me not to be as tired, so I can swim longer. I still get a really good workout.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    A water aerobics class is a great place to learn moves. I would suggest a heart rate monitor that allows you go to in the water with it, and that has a chest strap. That way you can ensure that your heart rates gets up high enough.