How do you stop a binge?

Options
Im going through several really bad days in a row (eating-wise, everything is ok otherwise), so I'm just wondering, how do you get yourself back on track in the middle of a binge? (I realise this is not a true 'binge', im using the term loosely.) Taking any suggestions! :)

Replies

• afitbutterfly
    Options
    :flowerforyou: First I breathe & try to calm down.
    Second I keep a record of my trigger foods. Once I know those
    foods I do my best not to keep them in my house. Which is quite
    hard cuz my triggers are some of friends & family fav foods. Try
    to find ways to calm before the binge. I count to 200 and breathe
    between each count and drink water. Good luck doll.
  • karlospiklington
    karlospiklington Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I try to keep healthier versions of the sort of snack foods I used to binge on in the house so that if I feel tempted I can have something without such a high calorie hit. That way I don't feel deprived but I also don't waste 500-600 calories on snacking.

If you really feel like a binge try going on youtube and watching videos of what visceral fat does to your insides. That certainly puts you off wanting to eat fatty or sugary foods..at least for half an hour.
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I find that the more active I am the better I eat.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I try hard to get interested in something, whether it is a walk, a television show, a long hot shower, you get the idea!!! It also helps me if I walk, which is my favorite form of exercise!!
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I literally JUST came off a 3-4 day binge (thanks to my lack of will power over Thanksgiving). What worked for me? Exercise. After my binge at lunch today I changed into clothes and went for a walk/run for an hour. I ate an apple for dinner. I'm completely satisfied and ready to get back on track.
  • jldvs3
    jldvs3 Posts: 13
    Options
    I continue to track everything, so I'm still held accountable. At these times it is good to see how bad the foods are that we like to binge on. After seeing these numbers, it makes me want to go run off some of the excess calories. I also agree that when I work out more I tend to want to stick to my plan more. Good luck!
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I find that the more active I am the better I eat.

I would second this. ^ Exercise is hard work and why would I want to throw all my hard work in the crapper by eating bad?
  • Lifelink
    Lifelink Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    For me, idle hands (which also counts as "sitting behind a computer and playing video games" or staying inside with my kids) cause me to eat more due to not being physically active and busy. I also stay up later too.

-Stay active; no idle hands.
    -Get a good sleeping routine down.

Those 2 things are the key to me keeping me eating habits on track.
  • EvelynR1967
    EvelynR1967 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    love this comment!