How important is water to your weight loss

I no this sounds crazy because I no how important water is but how big of a part does it play in your weight loss? I don't like drinking water or any kind of fluids for that matter if I drink 8oz of water I run to the restroom 6 times in a hour and it drives me crazy so I simply just don't drink anything but a few sips here. How important is water really when your losing weight?

Replies

• Hi 50poundshed,
    It doesn't sound crazy. A lot of people do not like drinking water but it is very essential to weight loss. The reason why when you first start drinking water that you use the toilet so much is because your body, with the help of water is now getting rid of the toxins that were stored. Also, a healthy diet plus your water intake will encourage more frequent bowel movement which again, helps with cleansing your system of all the stuff it doesn't need. This means your body isn't clogged up with stuff to get rid of and with less toxins in your body can now use the water you drink to supply your muscles with replenishment. This in turn means a better metabolism and resulting weight loss. It isn't magic, but think of water as the gas/fuel you put in your car. It's not just about weight loss, it's also about better performance when you are working out. If you don't drink water you will suffer from muscle fatigue. So drink water. The benefits are far more than you think!
  • allopathicJ
    allopathicJ Posts: 36 Member
    It all comes down to chemistry. If you don't drink water, your body goes through dehydration synthesis and clumps fat together. On the other hand, the reverse reaction needs water to break fat into smaller pieces so it can be metabolized by the body easier.