baby jelly

Options
good afternoon everyone!!

My name is sam and im from st. louis. I have an almost 4 month old and she is the JOY of my life!

I weight 177 and Im not sure how much I want to weight but I do know how I want to look. I would like to tone my arms and tighten my stomach. I have lost all of my baby weight but now I have this horribale baby jelly thats out front and jiggles everytime I move :embarassed:

So my main thing is to lose the baby jelly!!!

I am looking forwarcd to meeting people and starting my journey!!!:flowerforyou:

oh and PS. My bday is in 2 weeks.....what results do you think i can get in such a short time??:huh:

Replies

• Spice25
    Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your baby!! I know just what you mean by having a "jelly belly." It takes 18 months for your body to heal after having a baby. Just keep your eats clean with an occasional "cheat" meal, exercise (planks, v-sits, and a healthy diet) will get you on the right track.
  • LoganScottsMom
    LoganScottsMom Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your baby!! I know just what you mean by having a "jelly belly." It takes 18 months for your body to heal after having a baby. Just keep your eats clean with an occasional "cheat" meal, exercise (planks, v-sits, and a healthy diet) will get you on the right track.

Doesn't that make me feel better. My son is 17 months and I'm just starting to see SOME improvement. It's not easy!!!! Especially when you had a c-section.
  • Phatpatty
    Phatpatty Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! Congrats on your beautiful baby!! I have three kids, and one is 18months, after two c-sections I often get jealous of those people who bounce right back after having a baby!! I would say if its your first baby you will be back in action in no time at all... If I were you I would look into pilates-- that is very helpful for your core section. I actually start to feel stronger after one-two weeks of exercise... you should be able to make up some ground before your birthday! Remember to measure every week!!
  • SAMMIJAE
    Options
    thanks spice! I had no idea it takes 18 months:indifferent:

Lydia your scaring me......:ohwell:
  • mcanals123
    Options
    my son is 25 month and i have yet to see some improvement even tho everyone tells me i look thinner i have yet to believe it :(
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Doesn't that make me feel better. My son is 17 months and I'm just starting to see SOME improvement. It's not easy!!!! Especially when you had a c-section.

Shoot - my youngest is going to be 4 next month, and I STILL have that belly hang. I lost quite a bit of weight after the birth of my twins 11 years ago, and was never able to get rid of that hang!! I had a c-section though, so that may be the culprit. Since then I've had another c-section with my youngest... ugh!!
  • SAMMIJAE
    Options
    pilates....i havent tried that thank you! and yes this is my 1st baby. I have been feeling pretty good and I breastfeed for 2 months before i dried up and im sure that helped. I just gotta quit being lazy.....hopefully this site and you all can help!

Im learning alot already just by browsing!
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 14 months old and I started my weight loss journey in June. I have a little pooch leftover and it's slowly, but surely going down. I do lots of cardio!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Welcome to the most awesome site ever! Well, in my humble opinion anyhow! Ha ha! It took me ages to get rid of my baby belly! I'm not sure how much of my weight was baby weight or being sick after my pregnancy but my son is three and I just recently hit my goal weight!

But let me say this, you are in the right place surrounded by the right people!! This is the way to do it for long lasting results! I was always a yoga girl and still am but I've recently been converted to the dancing side by Zumba! Its amazing, fun, addicting and burns a huge amount of calories! There are classes and dvds and both seem to work wonders!

Again, welcome to MFP! Oh, and we are practically neighbors! I live near Peoria, IL and my sister goes to school in St. Louis so we visit down there all the time! :o)
  • SAMMIJAE
    Options
    ok so i see right now that i need to get the vision of a "quick fix" out of my head. You ladies have woke me up!!

Thank you Tara. I have been seeing alot of the zumba commercials and I think they have a show on fittv that does zumba. I love to dance and always wanted to check it out....thanks for given me a reason:heart:
  • jenniferscheller
    jenniferscheller Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 year old and 2 year old twins,and even though i lost the baby weight the "twin skin" is still there.