Experiencing rapid loss

Options
I started dieting 2 weeks ago and I have lost 13 lbs. To me it seems like a lot in a very short amount of time.

I eat between 1200-1500 cal/day. I eat every two hours. I take 2 apple cider vinegar tablets with breakfast, lunch and dinner and I take slimquick twice a day. Until 2 days ago all I was doing was walking 40 minutes a day but now I workout (just at home - I have a step/elliptical, wii games, light weights, stability ball, Pilates balls & straps and my tv) I don't plan on going to the gym ever as I can't get past how unhygienic I find multi-use equipment to be.

I'm scared I'm losing too fast, especially with not much effort. I get most people find diet pills unhealthy however they are giving me the energy to get out of bed and move.

Has anyone else experienced a big loss right away? I'd like to hear about others experiences.

Replies

• Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I can only say I am jealous!! I am on week 2 and lost nothing! :( x
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if you have a lot of weight to lose then you can often see big losses in the first few weeks, most of which is water weight. dont worry about it, and just keep doign what you're doing

one thing though, about the pills, are you planning on taking them for the rest of your life? if you have problems with energy and gettign ou tof bed, you should look at your diet.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Not sure what were you eating habits before you started. You are surely on your way to a good start activity wise. You might be surprised to know what sits in your digestive system, and for how long. You could have cleaned out your system. Don't get discouraged if your weight loss slows down. Keep an eye on your nutrients. Hair loss is a common problem for both men and women. Watch your iron intake.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    It depends on the person. Everyone may be different. How much they have to lose etc.
    I lost 44 pounds the first two months but had a lot to lose.
  • candiceh3
    Options
    Water weight, glycogen depletion, sodium flush...
  • Wuffles70
    Wuffles70 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it'll happen for you soon! Maybe your regimen needs tweaking in some way? Sometimes things can take a while to fall into place, I'll keep my fingers cross that it'll happen for you soon!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Yeah it can happen initially it usually slows though
  • nicolea1998
    Options
    Hey, I'm 15 Female trying to lose 30 pounds of fat and gain 5-10 pounds of muscle. Let's be buddies and motivate each other to lose weight! What do you say?
  • EJOY1988
    EJOY1988 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I lost 22lbs. the first month I started losing weight, 20lbs. the second month, third month I was down to only about a 5lb. weight loss. Since then I have gradually lost more weight, (80lbs. total) over a 2 1/2 year span. So if you have more weight to lose you might start losing fast, and then see it slow down. Just keep at it even if it does slow down, it will take time but it will come off (depending how much you have to lose of course). Sounds completely normal to me though, as long as you're being healthy with it. Congrats on your weight loss so far. And good luck and best wishes on the rest of your journey! :)