Still have 150+ pounds to lose -- need NEW friends!

Options
I have been here for 330 straight days and have lost about 62 pounds -- but still would like to lose another 150+ pounds. I have let MFP calculate my calories and macros for me and I exercise 4-6 times per week (swimming, stationary bike, walking, and some strength training). I have stuck with this plan very faithfully for the last 11 months. But the weight loss has been slow -- and I keep trying to convince myself that this is the right way to lose. I feel my resolve starting to wane and I lost no weight in November due to less than accurate logging and slacking off on exercising (primarily because my gym drastically cut its hours until after the holidays) - I know I can do this and I just need to keep making the smart choices I've been making -- but I really need some new friends who are going to help me keep in line -- who are on here every day and have motivation and tips to share -- have similar weight to lose and are doing this the healthy and natural way (no surgeries, supplements, fad diets, shakes, etc). I am a busy, educated professional -- with a teenage daughter and a husband who I adore (and who happens to be the healthiest person I've ever known!)

If you are in a similar situation to me and would like to share this journey with someone who will support you honestly and faithfully and only asks for the same in return -- please send me a message!

Christine

Replies

• scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Christine - you can friend me. I have about 130lbs to go. But I honestly don't know what my final goal will be. I am just taking it in increments right now.....
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am not doing a diet as such I am making a mental and physical change using MFP....I have tried diets in the past and either they are too expensive to maintain financially or they are too restrictive... for me this is working I have what i want within reason as long as its within my calories amount for the day and if i want anything on top of that i excercise more that day....

I have set myself 4 goals i am 1lb away from my 1st one of 25lb loss....

one step at a time one day at a time, and we will succeed!
  • greginnd
    greginnd Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Christine,

You are such a motivation. Congratulations on the 62 pounds. That's terrific. There's nothing wrong with slow weight loss as long as you keep losing and stay with it. I've been trying to lose 60 pounds for the last couple of years and keep failing. I need to get committed again.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on what you have already achieved I still have another 50 or so to go feel free to add me
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    First of all...what you have lost already is AMAZING! It is slow to come off...but we also didn't gain everything overnight. Sending you a request. I have 160ish to lose.
  • tthomp37
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am new to the site and would appreciate new friends. This has been hard for me as well. I have been on my diet for about two weeks now. Struggling with things I can eat and can't..
  • mm331133
    mm331133 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me I want to lose 125 to 175 pound
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new here. I would like to have friends to check in with daily as well. I have lost 65 lbs and want to lose 85 more. I would love to find friends to talk with daily, share tips, recipes, ideas and pep talks when we need them. :flowerforyou: Patty
  • Jane2285
    Jane2285 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Don't get down on yourself. Weight loss isn't easy and if you lose a bunch of weight fast, you have more of a chance of rebounding when you don't. You said it yourself, you weren't as diligent and you slacked off...plus your gym cut its hours. It's not that you aren't losing weight, you just stopped being as obsessive about it. Now, I have found if you make small goals, it works much better. You say you want to lose another 150 pounds, that's a huge goal! Break it up. Say, for this month I want to lose 5 pounds. Work hard to lose 5 pounds...or do six, then you can work on a 1.5 a week. In six months, you would lose 36 more pounds! Small goals make you feel better too when you meet them! Good luck!

Megan:)
  • cmfruin2012
    cmfruin2012 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the reminders, Megan. Sometimes it's someone just talking honestly and from the heart that is needed.
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've lost all my weight and am working on maintaing, but I log every day and try to send out support/motivation.
  • ijavagypsy
    Options
    Christine,
    I'm so very sorry that I haven't been sufficiently supportive! I've been trying a different approach--no snacking and limiting myself to three meals a day with nothing but water and plain tea in between. Haven't weighed in yet on this regimen. Anyway, if you wish to unfriend me, I understand. You need what works for YOU!
    Fondly,
    ijg
  • Gnaterlie
    Options
    Great job on your current weight loss!! I have about 180 to go. I'm a low carber so my diary may not help. However, I log daily and try to be as motivational and supportive as I can be. Send a FR if you would like, that goes for anyone else as well.
  • dalycelogan
    dalycelogan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, Christine! Congratulations on the great job so far!
    I'm fairly new to MFP, and have about 120 lbs. to lose. I'd love to have a new friend with which to share this journey! Feel free to add me! ~Dalyce
  • kearneyweard
    kearneyweard Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @cmfruin2012: The most important thing is that you do not give up!! 61 pounds lost is a MAJOR accomplishment. I first started this weight loss journey in 2008 and I lost 50 pounds, plateaued, gave up, and then gained it all back plus 25 pounds. Now I'm back at it again and I'd like to lose about 175 lbs. Because of health reasons my doctor actually recommends that I lose it slowly (about 1-2 lbs a week) but I am TERRIBLY IMPATIENT! Lol. When I first did this in 2008 I lost it very quickly so in some ways I'm expecting the same thing but it's just not happening, maybe because I'm 5 years older.

I would love to have more friends that have similar weight loss goals so anyone feel free to add me if you do. :)
  • cmfruin2012
    cmfruin2012 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    NO way would I ever unfriend you IJG!
  • bigtwagner
    Options
    You can also add me if you would like. there are some great motivators on this site. the longer it takes to take the weight off, the better it will be in the long run.
  • Cathy_ann913
    Cathy_ann913 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we all need a nice reminder of what we've accomplished. Let me tell you, even if you don't lose another ounce consider yourself a winner, 60+ pounds is something to be proud of. Let your body settle in and before you know it, you'll suddenly lose 5 pounds. Losing any amount of weight is always better than gaining! Hang in there!
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I am on most days and have about 100 pounds to loose. I usually don't critique food but I try to be supportive and motivational.
  • Nix_Way
    Nix_Way Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Oooo Oooo!! Add me, add me!!! I started at over 400 pounds an still have like 210 pounds to lose!!!

I log daily and comment often. If I can't during the day, I ALWAYS catch up in the evenings on the newsfeed. I LOVE supporting people and finding support from them!

I take everyday one day at a time, otherwise saying to myself I have to lose 210 pounds would overwhelm me. I celebrate every 10 pounds!!

Nix :flowerforyou: