Vegetarian chilli beans

made this tonight!!! its amazing!!! thought i'd share

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/vegetarian-chilli

:love:

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    That sounds amazing! Must try it.
  • i've been wanting to make a vegie bean dish for my partner, just googling today, and found this and though heck i'll try this... its really good... i chopped my capsicum up really small as im not a fan but i couldnt taste it... the whole thing was really tastey!! also loved the roasted sweet potato in it... :happy: i'm gonna make it again...

and for a non vego, i added a low salt low fat sausage ( i boil my sausages.... i know i'm odd...) and chopped it up and added it at the end in my bowl... we had this with some low fat sour cream, avocados and corn chips....

tomorrow night, as their is heaps left over... i will make enchiladas, pop the mix in some wraps, roll it up pop some liquid from the chill on top and a bit of cheese and bake... i recon they should be just as good :drinker:
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Yum - sounds and looks good!
  • pretty low in cals too... as i spose its just beans and tomatos just taste and see if you need to add anything like a bit of salt at the end, as i only had salt on the sweet potatos... but when they were added the taste of the whole dish changed... so yum!!! if i could share a pic of my version i would, enjoy!!!
  • mockchoc
    I'm not veggie at all although I do feel sad I eat animals since I love them so much but anyway this sounds really good because the roasted sweet potato would make it fantastic. I could go without meat eating it. Husband probably not.
  • i'm not a vego either, but my partner is, and i just add meat onto my plate if i feel like it, such as i'll make a meat free pasta (home made tomato sauce....) , and add chicken to my plate or brown some mince, and have two sauce pans going at once, pretty easy... but yeah this is great with or without meat!!!
    also some people do meat free mondays, its a thing now...
  • mockchoc
    I need to do the meat free days really since my cholesterol is up a bit :(
  • yeah, i stopped eating red meat, only chickenor seafood no animal fats, no butter either, only low fat milk.... eat avocados and olive oil.. good luck... its what i had 4 months ago.. :D
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Jamie Oliver's so hot. Thanks for sharing. I'll check it out.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Thanks for the recipe ... it looks so hearty. Which type of beans did you use?
  • Agreed jamie is hot ;)

I used just a four bean mix :) hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)