Weight Watchers Conair Scale Experiences

Options
Hi there,
I just purchased the Weight Watchers/Conair scale that is supposed to measure all sorts of things besides your weight such as BMI, fat weight and fat percentage. My fat % reading (24.0) means I am over-weight, but my BMI it's in the ideal range (23.1). At 5'7" and 147 lbs, I am not overweight. I also pretty much workout everyday. My hypothesis is that the machine can't distinguish between fat and muscle density. Thoughts?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    that means you have 24% bodyfat... it doesnt mean you're overweight, just that 24% of your body is fat... you can be a normal weight but have high bodyfat...

scales arent great for assessing bodyfat though, so it may not be completely acccurate.
  • i2rsantos
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I suppose me being flabby is a possible explanation. :)
    On the other hand:
    http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/fitness/body-fat-scales-do-they-really-work.html#b
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I just purchased the Weight Watchers/Conair scale that is supposed to measure all sorts of things besides your weight such as BMI, fat weight and fat percentage. My fat % reading (24.0) means I am over-weight, but my BMI it's in the ideal range (23.1). At 5'7" and 147 lbs, I am not overweight. I also pretty much workout everyday. My hypothesis is that the machine can't distinguish between fat and muscle density. Thoughts?

I bought one of these scales over a year ago. used it once, it measured everything wrong -- including my actual weight. i got rid of it.