Horrible stomach cramps from multi vitamin?

Options
Anyone else? I've tried taking it with food, switching brands, and taking it later in the day but I still feel like puking 5 mins after I take it!

Any suggestions????

Replies

• AubieMae
    Options
    Same here. I have switched to Alive gummy vitamins. No tummy trouble. I take one with my first meal of the day and the second with my second meal.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the gummy ones? Or the ones where you dissolve it inside liquid?
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Anyone else? I've tried taking it with food, switching brands, and taking it later in the day but I still feel like puking 5 mins after I take it!

Any suggestions????

When I took the women's one a day multivitamin I threw it up every morning about 10 minutes after I took it. I have since switched to whatever gummy multivitamins are on sale when I need more and have never had an issue with them.
  • ErinMLB
    ErinMLB Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If there is a high amount of iron in it it can make you quite nauseous. If possible , cut in half take half in morning and half at night, that could help with it. I went to the doctor because of the same issue and it cleared right up. Hope that helps.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Iron is usually the problem. The only way I can beat it is to either take one without iron or I literally take it as I get into bed. Seems if I'm laying down it's alright.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If there is a high amount of iron in it it can make you quite nauseous. If possible , cut in half take half in morning and half at night, that could help with it. I went to the doctor because of the same issue and it cleared right up. Hope that helps.

Or get the ones without iron. I get the old people (silver, 60 and up) version. Many people don't actually need additional iron. I specifically take the Silver version because I don't want or need any more iron in my system.
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Er, yeah, I get nauseous after taking vitamins sometimes, but it usually helps to take it with food. Almond milk & a banana. Just don't take it with water! But since you tried that already, maybe switch to the gummy kind!
  • Sweetchar417
    Sweetchar417 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This happened to me also until I switched to a whole food vitamin. I take the Every Woman Multivitamin by New Chapter. You don't even have to take it with a meal and I've never had any tummy issues with it.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    IS it cramps? Like from fiber?

I know I can't have any additional fiber, fiber one products make me feel like I'm going to die. Literally, fetal position, crying, begging my fiance to take me to the hospital kind of pain.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    What do you consider with food? When I was doing early morning Insanity, my breakfast was a Banana, protien shake and a 1aDay. Every once in a while it would result in the loss of the protien shake in the shower. I ended up taking the 1aDay with lunch instead, problem solved.
  • kathystrauss1
    kathystrauss1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I switched to the Senior vitamins without iron and it solved the stomach irritation. Just make sure you're getting enough iron in your diet. Oh and GO BUCKS!
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I spent a ton of money on a vitamin regimine from GNC only to find out that I too cant stomach them.
    I started getting the adult gummy vitamins and have had no issues.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I had this same issue and have found that I can only stomach gummy vitamins.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and I am anemic so I really need the iron :sad:

I'll try the gummy ones. I've never been able to take vitamin pills sucessfully.
  • tegalicious
    Options
    Flintstones complete chewables are the only multivitamin I can take without getting nauseous.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    WOW...thanks everyone! I think I will try the gummy ones. Good to know!
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    It's a lot of vitamins to shove in your body all at once. Make sure you eat it on a full stomach and try cutting the pill in half and taking one with breakfast and one with dinner.

EDIT:: I used to get really nauseous and eventually threw up one time. I now take them like I described above.