side dishes

Options
i need help with side dishes when it comes to dinner!

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I have 3 to 4 oz of meat and fill the rest of my plate with veggies. All the starches in potatoes, rice, pasta just eat up too many of my calories to be worth it.
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I eat all kinds of sides, baked potatoes, veggies, all kinds of rice,beans, French fries. You name it I eat it lol I see no need to deprive myself. Started July 1 2013 n I think my loss speaks for itself
  • megamoo04
    Options
    THANK YOU, i do eat a lot of veggies. i was looking for something else to eat with my meat. i dont want to burned out on veggies all the time.
  • megamoo04
    Options
    that is awesome! congrats
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I have 3 to 4 oz of meat and fill the rest of my plate with veggies. All the starches in potatoes, rice, pasta just eat up too many of my calories to be worth it.

^^This is me, too. I DO eat starches, but I restrict the quantities to a few bites.

I usually eat green veggies sautéed in a pat of butter. Sometimes, I eat salads, too.
  • fit921
    fit921 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Veggies do get tiresome at times but I have found that if I cook them in a variety of ways it helps. I love roasted cabbage and cauliflower. Just put a bit of EVOO on them and place in single layer on a cookie sheet or casserole dish for about 45 minutes at 375--- I usually flip every 10-12 minutes. They are really good! I also like to roast sweet potatoe chuncks and just about every winter squash possible.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

^^This is me, too. I DO eat starches, but I restrict the quantities to a few bites.

I usually eat green veggies sautéed in a pat of butter. Sometimes, I eat salads, too.

Of course, last night, for dinner, I ate a spinach "burger" patty (spinach, bread crumbs, cheese, egg, and spices) and a 1/2 cup of macaroni and cheese. Pretty tasty!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing with the sides. Hubs loves potatoes so that's what we have the most. I don't care for them as much so I just have a tiny amount and leave the rest to him. The only side dish I leave lots of calories for is cheesy rice (Uncle Ben's broccoli au gratin) - that stuff is awesome!