365 Days and counting…PICS!

Options
betsij
betsij Posts: 299 Member
Well, Its here. It’s been 1 year since I made a choice to lose weight (to put it mildly) and not find it again. Lots of things have changed along the way. My Weight, my pants size…. but more than that, my heart, my goals, the way I see people, the way people see me. I’m not sure I will ever get use to that. The look on someone’s face that hasn’t seen you in awhile, It’s a pretty amazing feeling. I have ran a few 5K’s, 2 10K’s, dropped 4 pant sizes…heck some of my shoes don’t even fit anymore. All that is really great and I thought that was the point of this journey I find myself on, but the best part, the part I didn’t expect, is the effect I’ve had on other people. For someone to say because of the changes they see in me and my determination, makes them want to change. WHAT!! You saw something in me that has motivated you to change for the better. That is something I didn’t see coming. When I tried on a dress and Blake is noticeably shocked and says with emotion “mom you look so little”. When Haylee hugs me, smiles and says, “I can wrap my arms all the way around you”. That is something I didn’t see coming. I didn’t realize that changing myself would be a good thing for them. They are proud of their mom. Haylee goes to Zumba with her mom, Blake runs with his mom. I didn’t see that coming. Okay so now I’m going to brag a little. I started on Dec 3, 2012 at 240 lbs with a goal to get under 200. Now you have to understand the most I had ever lost was 20 lbs. so at the time this was an unrealistic goal. On April 22, 2013 199.2! Happy Day, I hit my goal, was I done?…no! Changed my Goal to 180. (Again I was dreaming). On October 16, 2013. 180!! Am I done? No! Changed my goal to 160. As of today I have lost 66lbs, and a total of 34 inches but I have gained so much more…strength (Physical and Mental) confidence (that’s a biggie), I can take a compliment without fighting it. May sound stupid but it was hard for me (still is sometimes) to just say thank you instead of trying to argue or down play a compliment. I have new goals. I wanna be strong, I wanna run, I wanna dance. I wanna encourage. It’s not so much about the number on the scale anymore. Even though a good day on the scale always helps!! The last thing I want to say is THANK YOU! Thank you for every kind word. Thank you for that unexpected text, Thank you for exercising with me, Thank you for running with me, Thank you for going to Zumba with me, Thank you for listening to me. This applies to so many people, you know who you are. Now lets see what the next 365 days have in store.
15669201_5895_thumb.jpg [ 15669201_1042_thumb.jpg15669201_2050_thumb.jpg

PS if the pics don't work…someone please fix! Thanks! xoxox

Replies

• DonnaAnn64
    DonnaAnn64 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. .you look and must feel amazing!
  • sammyantics
    sammyantics Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    dude. you are fantastic. i haven't seen any of your previous posts, so i don't know how you were before this post, but you sound so happy and enthusiastic! i'm still in the mood-swinging, downtrodden one day-upbeat the next, early beginning phase of my journey to better health, but stories like yours, filled with such optimism and pride in your accomplishments make me want to keep pushing on toward better things.

thank you for sharing your story and keep up the amazing work :)
  • fsucrack
    fsucrack Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look great and you should be proud that you are motivating to others. Your story is very inspirational....
  • niricava
    niricava Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story. Very inspirational! Thanks :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • kkmalay
    kkmalay Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Beautifully written, what a fabulous story. Love the comments from your kids, all the best for your journey, you truly are inspirational
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    JUMPFORJOY.jpg

Oustanding accomplishment ....... a huge round of applause ....... and thanks for sharing :drinker:
  • thistimesucess
    thistimesucess Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    A huge congratulations! It is so obvious from your photos but more so from your post what a life changing experience this has been. Keep up the great work - who knows what the next 365 days will bring.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    From merely good looking mom, to a knockout fit mom is an amazing transformation. Good going!
  • betsij
    Options
    Holy Cow!! Thank you so much for all your kind words!!!

:smile: :heart:
  • betsij
    Options
    bump
  • Nicole9187
    Nicole9187 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Betsi you are beautiful :flowerforyou: You have done so amazingly well and I am very proud of you. Thank you for sharing your journey with me over this past year. I feel blessed and privileged to have you as a friend here.:heart: And you sure got that right about becoming an encourager!! You encourage me so much to keep trying and never give up. Way to go girl!! :drinker:
  • betsij
    Options
    Betsi you are beautiful :flowerforyou: You have done so amazingly well and I am very proud of you. Thank you for sharing your journey with me over this past year. I feel blessed and privileged to have you as a friend here.:heart: And you sure got that right about becoming an encourager!! You encourage me so much to keep trying and never give up. Way to go girl!! :drinker:

Thank you so much! I feel the same way about you!!! :smooched:
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. This is exactly what I needed today. I liked that you have 'mini' goals. My first goal is 10% of my weight and I'm almost there. Then I will try for another 10% etc... great photos and congratulations!!!!!
  • betsij
    Options
    A huge congratulations! It is so obvious from your photos but more so from your post what a life changing experience this has been. Keep up the great work - who knows what the next 365 days will bring.

:wink:
  • chantalscott1
    chantalscott1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Awww I could feel your emotion, passion and excitement! Congratulations, you have earnt it! Now enjoy your rewards :) xx
  • ptroses
    ptroses Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You made it! Keep inspiring others, we need you!
  • betsij
    Options
    thank you!!
  • betsij
    Options
    Make that 5 pants sizes!!!! SIze 10 baby!!!!! woohoo
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!