What to do?

Options
Ok, I am a stay at home mom, my hubby works midnights so I am the only one to watch my kids during the day. My main form of exercise is walking. I walk everyday anywhere from 2-3 miles. My question is while I am at home all day long whats are some good exercises that I can do to burn calories? I feel like such a lazy blob just sitting around but it's too hot to take my youngest outside (she's only 9 months). I really love to walk I'm not much of a fan of the whole sit-ups and crunches thing...any ideas?

Replies

• mommyagain
    mommyagain Posts: 28
    Options
    Ok, I am a stay at home mom, my hubby works midnights so I am the only one to watch my kids during the day. My main form of exercise is walking. I walk everyday anywhere from 2-3 miles. My question is while I am at home all day long whats are some good exercises that I can do to burn calories? I feel like such a lazy blob just sitting around but it's too hot to take my youngest outside (she's only 9 months). I really love to walk I'm not much of a fan of the whole sit-ups and crunches thing...any ideas?
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Try doing an aerobic tape (although difficult with a 9 month old). You could go and see if they have a baby and mommy workout tape?

What about in the evenings after the kiddos go to bed? but before hubby leaves?
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Besides walking, my other favorite exercise to do is dance to fast oldies in my living room!
    It's alot of fun! Plus, I watch tv too, so I never get bored!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    How about investing in a stability ball? They are relatively cheap (got mine for $8 at Wal-Mart) and you can do a ton of different exercises with them. I, personally, think they are fun to use.

Also, have you thought about a jump rope? Fun, easy, inexpensive and also a great cardio workout!
  • janetbr
    janetbr Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Try Power Yoga. It's a great workout. Lots of moves and really gets you limber. Not regular boring Yoga stuff (sorry), but a real challenge.