Advice on activity monitoring device

Options
2»

Replies

• daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have an iPhone 4 and the fitbit flex does sort of sync to it. Not throughout the day but once I sync flex with computer it updates my phone so when I am in my house my phone stays synced. It isn't helpful if you want to check it throughout the day but I don't monitor it that closely because I can look at the display on the flex to see about where I stand. At first I was annoyed but after a week or so I realized i didn't really need to monitor every minute of the day :) I love my flex!!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Great, so full MFP integration with an iPhone 4 and the only thing I lose out on is Fitbit's own mobile app? I think I'm definitely sold on the Force, it seems to compliment most if not all of the features I was looking for. MFP integration probably being the most important as I'm a self-confessed MFP addict.

You should go to the Fitbit web site now and make an account and hook MFP up to it so you can see how it works. You can use the site without the device. If you want to see how it'll work with steps data you could manually enter a value, just to see the charts and stuff.

It looks like the Amiigo DOES include the skin sensors the BMF has. I stand corrected on several fronts!
  • dsimmons107
    dsimmons107 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I actually use the Flex and the Polar Loop together. I love the Polar Loop. One of the things I don't like about it is that it does not integrate with MFP. The second thing is that it does not work with Android phones yet. It works with the heart rate transmitter and really helps get an accurate daily calorie count. I thought of getting the force but I wanted to be able to use whatever device I bought with my heart transmitter. I do believe the Force is water resistant to 30 meters like the Flex but don't remember. The Flex is my third Fitbit product and they all have been very helpful and delivered the desired result. I also still use my FT60 as well but now that I am getting accustomed to the Loop I will probably stop using the FT60. If Polar ever integrates with MFP I will stop using the Flex. They will be adding more functionality to the Loop as time goes on including support for Android.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    The Force specs say 'water resistant, do not submerge', I believe.

The Amiigo sure is hard to get info on. It still says 'coming Fall 2013' what few sites mention it. I can't even find what 'select Android devices' it'll work with. It looks like they're still working on getting the devices out to their Indiegogo investors, which to me means 'beta testing'.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I have had the Fitbit Force for about 2 weeks now and love it. I did have the Flex and sold it to a friend after ai got the Force. I loved the Flex as well, but you can't beat Force's display and immediate feedback. It also stays chardes a day or 2 longer thatn the Flex. I think that you can't swim with the Force, like you could with the Flex, so you'll just have to a log that manually it if you want to keep track. But I like to say just, because you didn't log it, doesn't mean it doesn't count . . .I usually remind myself about this when it it comes to food I don't want to log :laugh:

I have a Polar heart rate monitor as well, but I've never worn it all day as i do with the Force. I'm sure you'll love it.
  • JRKWebb
    Options
    I think that's the main thing for going with the Force, its subtle. Anything bigger, even more so anything band like and I begin to feel a bit too-human guinea pig..