Back After 3 month Hiatus (But at least it tasted good!)

Options
Howdy everyone!!!

Definitely not new, started over the summer and kicked some serious butt. Then September happened, and as soon as I hit the lowest I had been in years, well, it all went away and I ate like I used to and lost myself for a couple of months. Now I have set serious goals for myself and plan on hitting them with full force, and would LOVE to get some new friends to join along. I have about 160 pounds to lose, so plan on being here for quite the long while WITHOUT losing myself this time. I already have some very awesome friends, but would really love some more ;). Happy Holidays to all!!!!!! Hope to see you around :)

Steve

Replies

• BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    With a heading like that I think we'll get on well! FR sent.
  • scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda in the same boat. I lost a little momentum and was not working out like i was doing and not as focused on my eating like I was doing. I was in my funk for 3 months. Now I am back and ready to get down to my goal. I have about 75 pounds to go to where I want to be.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I have the worst tendency to self-sabotage when I see a low number on the scale but I'm finally over that habit (3 years later!) Good luck and way to go!!!
  • Fit_in_Folsom
    Fit_in_Folsom Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have some great goals Steve! You can totally do this thing. Get encouragement and accountability. I find that critical. Look at your strategy too. My kid brother lost over 100lbs doing Paleo eating and workout out 3x a week.

Let me know if I can encourage you in any way :)
  • mjh4cwh1
    mjh4cwh1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! At least we are back. Love to have you as a friend. :smile:
  • laownby
    laownby Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know all about taking a hiatus! Two years ago, me, my husband and my son joined our local gym and started going 5 days a week. We loved it! Then this year in June, our son moved away to play college football. He is our only child and it was a real adjustment! Anyway, for some reason we just lost our motivation and stopped going to the gym. We ate out most nights since it was just us at home, so we weren't eating very well either. A couple of months ago we started back to the gym 5 days a week and we are having to make up for all the time we "fell off the wagon". I track all my food and exercise on here and that helps me keep everything in focus. I really enjoy running and exercising. I don't know why it was so easy to get off track. I guess it was just a hard time in our life and we hibernated for a while to cope with it. Good luck with everything!

Lori