We've all been there..

Options
You know those days (or weeks) where you lose all your motivation? Yeah well, that happened to me recently and I'm trying to get back on the bandwagon.

So, what do you do to get motivated again?

Replies

• emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I just keep plugging away at it knowing that in the end it is going to be worth it :) At some point it just becomes second nature again and NOT logging will feel weird :p
  • moment_to_arise
    moment_to_arise Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i've had days where i have ABSOLUTELY no motivation to go to the gym, but if you make yourself go... once you are there you feel way better and the rest just falls into place. think about how great you feel after a workout... thats my motivation
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    Honestly for me, I look at photos of women that empower me, that inspire me to remain healthy.
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I myself am trying to get back there. I reach my UGW of 124 and it went downhill from there. I had an awful time maintaining and have put 11lbs back on :( I feel awful about myself and feel like i let not only myself, but by family and everyone on here who looks up to me down. I am really hoping to try and get back into the swing of things and put my will power to the test with the upcoming Christmas holiday... WHO INVENTED THE SUGAR COOKIE AND WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DesdemonaRose
    Options
    I try not to let it go too much, but if for a day or two I'm just a little over the calories I don't stress too much. Stress can be bad, keep motivation down, and make you gain weight, eat more, etc.

I had an aunt who kept a photo of her at her heaviest on the fridge to remind her how far she had gone and where she didn't want to go back too.
  • minimalistmom
    Options
    I think of how it used to be before I fell of the bandwagon. I often find I tell myself, it's never to late to start over.

I ate a piece of pumpkin pie for breakfast. Did I feel guilty? Nope. Did I log it? Yes. Am I making healthy choices through out the day? Yes. You can have your indulgences, you can fall completely off the wagon, you just can't stress out about falling off or making a bad mistake, because when you are stressed, stressed spelled backwards is desserts leading to weight gain.

I wish the best for you and your motivational flame finds you again.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    You know those days (or weeks) where you lose all your motivation? Yeah well, that happened to me recently and I'm trying to get back on the bandwagon.

So, what do you do to get motivated again?

I just keep doing the right thing regardless if I feel like it or not. because I know in the end I'll thank myself for continuing to truck on even when I didn't have to motivation to do so.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    if you keep waiting for motivation, or inspiration, or the weather to be perfect, or for you to be more rested, or your ipod to be charged or for it to not be so hot or so cold, or for whatever... you'll keep waiting.

decide that this is what you want.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    if you keep waiting for motivation, or inspiration, or the weather to be perfect, or for you to be more rested, or your ipod to be charged or for it to not be so hot or so cold, or for whatever... you'll keep waiting.

decide that this is what you want.
    Why is the guy in your ticker trying to swim in bacon?
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I was just telling a girlfriend that I'd been a bit down lately ........ working extra shifts, not getting to the gym, feeling tired & grouchy .......

Instead of feeling sorry for myself, I need to get up off the couch, put my shoes & coat on, and get some exercise ...... whether it's a walk around the block ...... or an hour or two at the gym .......

justdoit_zpsdc22275d.jpg
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    last year, I hit a workout slump and, and after a couple days, I noticed that my body was more stiff and my mood was more bitter. after that, whenever I feel the urge to just "not" workout, I remember those days of feeling horrible, mentally and physically, and that gets me moving. once I get in there, I feel better, and then it's over and I'm done, and I can feel proud of myself for the day. :)
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Look at old pictures....that'll do it every time.
  • mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    that was me last week. I was really jonesing for my son to come for Thanksgiving and it didn't work out, then the avoidance behaviors began - "accidentally" forgetting work-out shoes, then REALLY choking on a piece of chicken so didn't go to work and gym is near my office, gym closed on Friday. After only working out one day last week was feeling sore and kicked myself in the butt this morning to get out of my chair and over to the gym. It was refreshing.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Schedule it and plan it. You may go off a bit during holidays and such but if you are on 90% of the time that is okay. If it is scheduled and planned no motivation required you just do what you know you need to do. It becomes a habit. I often dread getting up and would just like to sleep in but am much happier when my workout is complete and I am energized and ready for the day ahead.
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I know I will feel better after a workout. So I may dread getting up.... but its always worth it.

"I never regret a workout, but always regret when I don't"

"Putting on your shoes if often the hardest part of any workout. After that its easy as one foot in front of the other"

Remember why you started in the first place. We have all been there at one time. Get up, dust yourself off and go kick some *kitten*!
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I agree with looking at some progress pictures. I finished Body Revolution last Saturday. I was pumped. Then on Monday, I found out my 14 year old dog was very sick and on Tuesday we had to put him down. With that and Thanksgiving, I just could not get with it. I did not exercise and I ate horribly. I am still not totally there but I went back and looked at my progress pics and it helped. That and the fact the scale has already started to go up little. Just remember try to remember where you were and where you want to be. There are going to be some bumps but it is how you recover from those that will make you successful at this.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I hear you. It's so much easier to stay in bed or eat crap rather than take charge of life and really take responsibility for what we do to/for our bodies. Good luck finding your motivation... I know that you will. You logged on today, didn't you?

To be honest, I found that most days during the weight loss section of my body transformation, I wasn't 'psyched' or 'happy' to be eating healthy and moving my body... I did it like a chore. It was a daily grind and I never wanted to do any of it. So sometimes the concept of motivation is a nice to have, but it isn't necessary. Treat it like it's your job. It should be... it's your health at stake! The days you aren't motivated are just days you grit your teeth and do it anyway.

It wasn't until years later that I started looking forward to it because I felt so much better and I didn't want to lose that feeling.