NOT waiting for New Year's

Options
2»

Replies

• mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    just think how REALLY happy your new year will be when you can already claim the lbs lost b/f other have even gotten started :glasses:
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am not doing a diet as such I am making a mental and physical change using MFP....I have tried diets in the past and either they are too expensive to maintain financially or they are too restrictive... for me this is working I have what i want within reason as long as its within my calories amount for the day and if i want anything on top of that i excercise more that day....

I have set myself 4 goals i am 1lb away from my 1st one of 25lb loss....

one step at a time one day at a time, and we will succeed!
  • Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My name is Val. I'm 30 and have at least 200 lbs to lose. Wow...it's so hard to type that.

But!

I'm not wasting another day waiting for Monday/New Years/etc. I'm starting TODAY. Right now I'm going for a walk. I already tracked my lunch. I'm starting off my New Year's feeling *good*, not depressingly writing resolutions I know will be broken.

I'd LOVE all the motivation and friends I can get :D Here's to us, starting great habits!!

Awwww...here we go!! You said "I'm not WASTING another day...I'm starting TODAY." Val, do you know what you just DID?? You made a DECISION!! AND THEN followed up with a declaration! You just set in motion the wheels of CHANGE!! You are about to blow this thing out of the WATER! I am in your corner, as well as countless others. We are all working toward the same thing: a better, healthier life! We are WITH you all the way!! I can't WAIT to see how your story progresses!
  • badgerdh
    badgerdh Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    good luck, kick some *kitten*
  • POTELoewee
    POTELoewee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    So proud of you and love your determination. You are absolutely right, no reason to wait what you can start today! Go for it!! Good luck to you and can't wait to see your results!
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!! You can do it. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • spellingmama
    spellingmama Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you! Friend me too. I'll be a cheerleader for you!!! Way to go and welcome!
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Amen to you for starting this now and avoiding the New Year's Resolution habit! I finally said that this summer, and while I did have to wait to a certain date for other reasons, I just jumped off the plank and haven't looked back. Now planks are thoroughly part of my life, just the exercise type ;).
  • GoldwingGrandma
    GoldwingGrandma Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great attitude Val! Yes it will be a long journey. Decide now that you will enjoy and learn from every day of the journey! We are all right here with you celebrating your successes and encouraging you through the low times. YOU WILL DO IT!
  • xSirensSong
    xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Hello, darling! Welcome, welcome! :glasses:

I have around 75 pounds to lose in total. I break mine down into nerdy-licious mini goals in order to break up the large number that stares at me in the face. Every 5% of my body weight lost, I reward myself with something NOT food related. You can check out my profile if you'd like to see how I've got it goin' on. Also, I break down my ticker that way. Right now, I'm on my way to my first 'mini goal' ~ my ticker says I'm 6 pounds away. Once I hit that goal, I'll redo my ticker & add on another 11 or so pounds to lose.

Good luck on your journey, darling! I would love to support you (and anyone, for that matter!) along the way ~ anyone, feel free to add me! I also log every day, exercise (weight lifting) 4-5 days a week, and am supportive & active on my news feed.

Let's do this, lovelies! :flowerforyou:
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Welcome and great attitude! Be honest, log everything, get a good healthy plan and set reasonable short-term goals so you don't burn out or get down. And most of all -- keep up the ol' PPMA as my science teacher used to say (Proper Positive Mental Attitude). :) You've got this!
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I am with you. And definately today (not tomorrow) is your best friend! You can absolutely do this. We are all here to help!