What is the one thing you cant go to the gym without?

Options
Sup guys/gals, its been some time since I made my own topic so I felt I should drop a line on this one. So today was the first day in over a year I went to the gym and didnt have my headphones with me. The sounds of the gym without music is absolutely awful!!!!! Just people laughing loudly and horrible pickup lines everywhere I turn. Nothing was the same, it was like an entirely different world. I literally hopped off the treadmill and went home to grab a pair. Never leave home without it. Anyone feel me on this one? or do you like the sounds of the gym?

Cheers :)

Tof

Replies

• sr72090
    Options
    Headphones - no doubt! I have a few pairs I tuck away now in my bag/coat/car just in case lol.
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Headphones - no doubt! I have a few pairs I tuck away now in my bag/coat/car just in case lol.

thats what I need to do, keep a pair in my car. My issue is everytime I try my little sister steals them >.<
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    A way to log my weights. Whether that's an app on my phone or a pencil and paper, I need it.
  • Fit_in_Folsom
    Fit_in_Folsom Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Totally agree on headphones. I would add a towel if you are going to sweat.
  • Safiyandi
    Options
    A water bottle. I saw some kid put their mouth all over the water fountain spigot one time. Just wrapped his lips right around it. Ugh. What is a little kid even doing in a gym? Never drinking from a fountain again.
  • SkinnyMel78
    SkinnyMel78 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    definitely headphones!!!!
  • Chante_Loves_Life
    Chante_Loves_Life Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Def the headphones and my iphone sometimes I have the headphones but no phone to plug them into :sad: I keep an extra pair in my gym bag aswell. :glasses:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    lifting?
    shoes- that's really all I need- pants- shoes-socks.

The rest of my workout?

music/headphones

I can kind of lift without it. but if I don't have head phones and I came to dance (dance is part of my training) then I'll just leave.

Seriously- I'll just leave.

I'm willing to do a quick HIIT/Plyo session without it- it's easier to do it without it than with the headphones.. .so I need teh shoes and socks essentially- but dance- nope. I'll leave- can't dance without the music.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    My VersaGripps. And headphones. I now own like 10 pairs (no exaggeration).
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    In order of importance, headphones/ipod, water bottle, towel and my little book to write my efforts in. Seriously, my gym bag is bigger than my weekend bag! :laugh:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    My ID badge. Litterally. My gym is in my office building and has a scanner to unlock the door so you can't go to the gym without it. :)
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Headphones and my HRM.
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    My ID badge. Litterally. My gym is in my office building and has a scanner to unlock the door so you can't go to the gym without it. :)

Handy!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    clothing. they don't let me lift nekkid.
  • lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Underwarezzzzzz!
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    these answers are awesome, I am now afraid of drinking from the water fountain, this is what I have learned from this ^_^
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    mp3 player and a bottle of water!!
  • Jacson53
    Jacson53 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Motivation...
    Everything else is incidental. ;)
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Obviously I can't go to the gym without workout clothes, but seriously, I'm with you about the ear plugs. Mostly because they drown out the noise and people talking on their cell phones. I can't stand being on the elliptical with someone next to me talking on a cell phone.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    My iPod and headphones. I actually left my armpocket with my headphones at home today because I used them for my long runs this weekend. I brought my iPod though so I'll be okay but I just have to either hold it or place it on the machine. I can workout without them but I'd rather have them especially when I'm running.