P90 users!! I have a few questions.

Options
hey! I just started the P90 videos today. I did the phase 1-2 cardio/yoga this morning along with the ab ripper. I know I need a hrm but I don't have one. I am trying to figure out how many calories I burned. I was sweating pretty bad. I'm 5'10 and weigh 165. I measured out all of my measurements this morning to try to see how many iches I will lose. I am also training for a 10k right now. Is it ok to do both each day( except Sunday my day off)? I have done the 30 day shred in the past and saw amazing results! Have you others seen good results from this? Any helpful hints would be appreciated!!

301739.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    You dont know how many calories your burning unless you wear a HR monitor. Everyone is different
  • marinabrazil
    marinabrazil Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Its hard to say...

I am doing P90X. They say that it is rare a workout that doesnt burn at least 500 calories. I dont really know about P90 but it should be something around that. I put 500 calories on all P90X workouts but yoga that I put about 400 since I dont have a HR either. Of course this is a really low number for what I am probably burning but best to choose lower and burn more than choose higher and not have burnt all of it.

I love in Brazil so these things are really expensive, but you should buy one since I think in America they are pretty cheap.

Hope I helped some...
  • JeanBeanM
    JeanBeanM Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The calculation is crazy so definitely get a HRM, I did the P90X Core Synergistics yesterday and while I was ready to collapse by the end of it I only burned just under 300 calories. Of course it was my first go at it and I didn't so all 58 minutes only 47 :wink:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    My daughter's do Power 90 and I did one 1/2 hour workout with them and burned about 250 calories. But since you're going to be doing some heavy training I would suggest the inexpensive Sportline hrm at Wal-mart for under $30.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    P90 definately will get you where you want to go. Ive done one round of P90, and one round of P90X and am currently in the middle of round 2. I am now joining a martial arts dojo doing Brazilian Jui Jitsui and Mui Thai.
  • marinabrazil
    marinabrazil Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The Core is a pretty light program, probably thats why its only for the recovery week. The other "normal" P90X workouts are much more intense. It can definitely get 500 calories out of you if you work hard enough.