Friends Wanted for Motivation!

Options
I've been on MFP for about a year, but haven't been serious about it....until today! I woke up feeling more determined than ever and would love to gain some new friends to help hold me accountable and for encouragement / tips.

I'm not so much focused on a number to lose as much as I need to be healthier and adopt fitness and health as a LIFESTYLE, rather than a temporary fix (this was also my doc's orders, so looks like I have to buckle down!). Add away and we can help each other out! :happy:

Replies

• zcarpenter91
    zcarpenter91 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well, it is a pretty kick *kitten* lifestyle :) And you can never have too many friends, request sent :)
  • hadirk
    hadirk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm looking for friend for accountability too, I joined MFP about a year ago but wasn't so serious until last weekend :D I started exercising and started dieting today. I want to lose 96lb and really need an accountability buddy :smile:
  • masdec7
    masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hadirk and PennyLane - I sent you friends requests. I'm also looking for support.
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have sent you both requests as well.
  • JenR_
    JenR_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi hi....feel free to add me. Always great to have friends for the motivation, encouragement and tips.:)
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me. I've met my weight loss goal (for the most part), but I still log/work out/post daily. :)
  • PennyLane379
    PennyLane379 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    We can do this! I'm excited to see how far I can push myself, and we'll help with holding each other accountable. I know I don't want to have to announce to everyone that I had a Big Mac for dinner, so this will help me stay away from them! LOL
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I'm the scrooge. I really do wish you well and hope your friends do keep you motivated and lift you when you are down. None of mine have ever done that regularly. At present I'm not looking for friends. I just hope all those who have sent you requests are genuine and not in it to pad their friends list like my list is bigger than yours. I was a good friend and even wrote messages when I didn't see them for a while. They never reciprocated. Sorry for being a downer. I just wanted those answering your request take it seriously.
  • los1284
    los1284 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Consistency is key!!!!
  • syaworski1976
    Options
    I have met my weight loss goal and am now trying to balance maintenance with miscle gain. I'm on fairly regularily so if anyone wants to add me I have no problem with some mutual motivation.
  • Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for about a year, but haven't been serious about it....until today! I woke up feeling more determined than ever and would love to gain some new friends to help hold me accountable and for encouragement / tips.

I'm not so much focused on a number to lose as much as I need to be healthier and adopt fitness and health as a LIFESTYLE, rather than a temporary fix (this was also my doc's orders, so looks like I have to buckle down!). Add away and we can help each other out! :happy:

You know I got you, Penny! Let's do it!!
  • KaosLynnRose
    KaosLynnRose Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    request sent
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have been a member for a while, but due to some life situations (becoming pregnant with twins and losing the babies at 8 and 20 weeks) along with medications I was taking, I somehow lost my motivation to continue to strive to reach my goal.
    Many of those who were friends on my list, have parted ways because of my absence.

I could certainly use some mutual motivation and support!