Nuts?

Options
Which nuts are best to eat? Today I bought Brazil nuts, almonds and my favs macadamias after my PT recommended adding nuts to my diet

Replies

• Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I like peanuts and almonds, and cashews, so that is my opinion on which ones are best to eat.

I do also like macadamias, but geez, those things are expensive.

Any certain criteria you have? What are you looking for in a nut?
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Pecans, walnuts, almonds, peanuts
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Almonds and brazil nuts... Raw and unsalted.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I eat a few brazil nuts every day. They are good for the thyroid but don't eat too many ( keep it under 10).
  • Leaping_Lemur
    Leaping_Lemur Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I personally love almonds and cashews. But make sure you use a digital scale if you're trying to maintain a deficit -- a little of them goes a long way! I weigh out an ounce (one serving) in advance, put it in a ziplock and keep it in my car for a snack. It's a surprisingly small amount. In the old days I would have eaten several handfuls (probably 500 calories -- no wonder I gained weight!).
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I would say pretty much any of them will fit in the good fats you are probably looking for. It all comes down to taste. I like almonds the most and then probably cashews and pecans. But I also like walnuts. All for different things! Not a huge fan of peanuts because I already eat PB. HA! Right now, Costco has these toasted coconut covered cashews that make me want to smack somebody they are so good! LOL
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamond dark chocolate almonds. Good for the sweet cravings. They're basically dusted in a dark chocolate cocoa powder. Yum!
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I personally love almonds and cashews. But make sure you use a digital scale if you're trying to maintain a deficit -- a little of them goes a long way! I weigh out an ounce (one serving) in advance, put it in a ziplock and keep it in my car for a snack. It's a surprisingly small amount. In the old days I would have eaten several handfuls (probably 500 calories -- no wonder I gained weight!).

^^ Oh yes! For sure weigh them out -- a little goes a long way. If you decide to do them ON something, weigh them, put them in a bag and then crush them with a rolling pin or a can and sprinkle them on. I can't eat just one ounce, though -- I make 2oz. fit. LOL

Edited for spelling. geez...