No longer 'obese'

Options
I don't really like the BMI measurement for obvious reasons but after dropping a few lbs this week, i'm now 'overweight' instead of 'obese' which is a nice feeling :) lol

20lbs to my next goal, easy :D

Replies

• Zombierawr
    Zombierawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - that's fantastic! :)
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I am not a huge fan of the BMI system either but also use it as a guide and it also tends to fit with what I see when I look at myself lol.

Congratulations on a fantastic achievement you have every right to feel proud of reaching that milestone
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :)
  • kdet07
    kdet07 Posts: 117
    Options
    even though I don't champion BMI either, that is still an excellent accomplishment/milestone. :)
    keep it up!
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, it's definitely motivated me to keep going! :)
  • impromark
    impromark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well done, sir! I started as "Class II Obese" and just conquered "Overweight" per the BMI scale. No, it's not accurate or all that objective, but it does help provide useful milestones along the way. As a fellow dad, I sympathize with your journey while balancing work and family life. Keep it up!
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Well done, sir! I started as "Class II Obese" and just conquered "Overweight" per the BMI scale. No, it's not accurate or all that objective, but it does help provide useful milestones along the way. As a fellow dad, I sympathize with your journey while balancing work and family life. Keep it up!

Thank you and congrats on your own progress, awesome work!
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    That's great. I crossed over to being "overweight" according to BMI in June 2012. I'm not a big fan of BMI either. I have pretty much reached my goal weight with a BMI of 25-26 and now I'm focused on building more muscle and decreasing my body fat percentage. Keep it up man!
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Remembering my graduations from too thin to average to overweight to obese. I'm working on it though. almost overweight! yay! congrats to you.
  • Danicacub
    Danicacub Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That's a great win!!! :) keep going!!
  • keltoi93
    keltoi93 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It's funny I tend to ignore it but the fact that Im 16lbs from 'healthy' on the BMI scale is nice :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!