Lose 30lbs in 30 days??

Options
13»

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    If it was possible, wouldn't we all be doing it?
  • AJHarman
    AJHarman Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My Dad lost 30 in 6 weeks (men tend to lose faster than women), learned new healthy habits through his program and has been maintaining a healthy weight for months now. He didn't exercise more than the activity he does for work (he's a custodian). It was healthy and highly praised by the doctor. It is possible to lose 2-5 pounds a week healthy and learn how to keep it off for life. My mother has lost it slower, 50 pounds since June on the same program. My friend's mom 40 pounds since September and has also learned how to change her lifestyle to maintain her loss for the rest of her life. Is 30 pounds in 30 days possible? Probably not. The fastest results I have seen for a woman is 2-4 pounds a week.

Have you talked to your doctor and asked him/her if you even need to lose 30 pounds? I definitely advocate talking to a doctor before trying to lose any weight.
  • shadoethorn
    shadoethorn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to doubt all the good advice on here but I lost 33 lbs in 37 days I . I went from 325 to 291.5. I am feeling great I am able to workout 3 or 4 times a week. I watch my carbs and fats and I seem to be doling really well. I have tried to start running a little but only very short distances and I am looking to join a gym.( workouts so far have been at home )"I appear more muscular and I feel energetic. I feel as if I did go rather extreme and I wouldn't recommend trying my methods with out doctors approval. I just wanted to let people know that you can lose or more in 30 and still be healthy. To the naysayers out there I do have it recorded on my fitness pal. And the testimony of my at work weight lose buddies. I plan to drop to 198 by December 2013. I will settle for 210 at 6ft 1 but over goal is 198.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's possible. Unless you were eating nothing and exercising continuously 8 hours a day (which is a recipe for disaster in and of itself), it's not possible. Just focus on eating healthy, staying in control through the holidays and find a dress that fits you now and that you feel good in.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's possible. Unless you were eating nothing and exercising continuously 8 hours a day (which is a recipe for disaster in and of itself), it's not possible. Just focus on eating healthy, staying in control through the holidays and find a dress that fits you now and that you feel good in.

Gah. I just realized this silly post started in 2011!!! I should start looking at the dates on the original post before I bother to reply...
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I know I can't probably do it healthily and it may not stay off. I don't care. I need to do this. Please help me.

No one is going to help you do something stupid. Sorry. This is a site that is dedicated to HEALTHY weight loss, not crash diets.

AND WHO KEEPS DIGGING UP ZOMBIE THREADS! STOP RAISING THE DEAD!
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Soooo Helenuh...it's two years later, how'd the 30 pounds/30 days go?

Seriously, I hope you were able to find a healthy medium. 2 years is a good amount of time to put in some healthy habits. I see you haven't deleted your profile and hope that means you haven't given up on a healthier lifestyle, even if you had to postpone it a bit.
  • ExtremePhobia
    Options
    The only way to lose weight is to do so in small amounts. Lose 1 pound per day for two weeks and your body will be so starved that it will replace all the weight and then some over the next two weeks. So not only will have been terribly unhealthy, but you'll actually put weight on before Christmas, rather than losing it.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I don't think that's a good idea.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    You can be the skinniest girl in the hospital when they take you in for malnutrition! On the upside, you won't have to cut your hair in January.. not only will it not grow, some of it will probably fall out!
  • akfg4life
    Options
    Impossible to do unless you weigh 800 lbs, do something realistic.
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I would aim for about a pound or two a week and buy Spanx if it really bothers you that much.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    The must be one hell of a dress. Why can't you just wear something else?
  • Travae
    Options
    Well i just watches extreme weight loss on tv and on this particular one the girl lost 90 lbs in 90 days of course she was working out regularly and she was with a trainer......so i think it's possible with the right diet and exercise plan
  • tiedji
    tiedji Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I say lose half that...get a new dress, and save the skinny dress for next year. You really don't want to be the uber grump during the holidays just for one night, do you? You may look good, but nobody will want to be around you. Is that worth it?
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I know I can't probably do it healthily and it may not stay off. I don't care. I need to do this. Please help me.

No one is going to help you do something stupid. Sorry. This is a site that is dedicated to HEALTHY weight loss, not crash diets.

AND WHO KEEPS DIGGING UP ZOMBIE THREADS! STOP RAISING THE DEAD!

This^
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to lose 30 pounds in 30 days?

I would really like to be able to fit into my Christmas dress. I'm 5'9.5" and 275.5 pounds. I'm willing to do anything aside from surgery or chopping off a limb. I work 2 jobs and go to school and when I'm not doing that, I'm studying or sleeping... Working out is really hard to fit into my schedule, but I could probably manage doing 4 hours on the weekends.

Is there anything I can do to reach this goal???

Edit:

2066659_o.gif

ETA: Oh damnit! The zombie thread resurrector got me!!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.