Ideas fora Family Christmas Menu

puckertoe
puckertoe Posts: 16 Member
Hi Its my first Christmas on a low carb diet. Can you tell me some menu ideas that will keep all the family happy and not blow my carbs?

Replies

• freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    bump cuz im starting the low carb diet too
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Anyone? I could use the help as well. TIA
  • Bambi8711
    Bambi8711 Posts: 2 Member
    Not particularly Christmas foods but they are some of my faves.

Raspberry chesse cake

Crust- 1/4 cup almonds
    1/4 cup pitted dates

Chesse cake - 1/2 cup fat free cream chesse
    Aprox 20 g of protein powder
    Sugar free pudding mix 10g
    2 tbsp honey or maple syrup

Topping - raspberries mashed

Choc balls

1 cup almonds
    1 cup dates
    1/2 cup of Brazil nuts
    2 tbsp chia seeds
    1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder
    1/2 cup honey

Put all nuts in food processor then add the rest. Roll in balls and roll in coconut. And refrigerate.

Mango ice cream
    Mango frozen
    1/3 cup cottage cheese
    1/4 cup fat free yogurt
    Vanilla essence

Mix all in food processor
  • megan_elizabeth8
    megan_elizabeth8 Posts: 216 Member
    One thing that might help is to have lots of different dishes where you can all serve yourselves - you could have lots of different salads or veggie dishes, and different meat dishes, so you can go for things that you are happy eating and others don't have to "miss out" :smile:
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    One thing that might help is to have lots of different dishes where you can all serve yourselves - you could have lots of different salads or veggie dishes, and different meat dishes, so you can go for things that you are happy eating and others don't have to "miss out" :smile:

I was thinking along these lines utoo.

But it depends on what you are used to eating at Christmas - for me it's easy I'll cook meat and make salad - as it's Summer here and way too hot for a baked dinner.

I was thinking along the lines of trifle for dessert (without the cake) - or cheesecake (almond meal crust) - or make icecream christmas pudding (with dried fruit and nuts cherries etc) in it,

I personally like this site for recipes ideas etc - http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/recipes/u/lowcarbrecipes.htm
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    plenty of alcohol?!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Lots of good ideas here! http://www.foodnetwork.com/holidays-and-parties/festive-christmas-menus/index.html

Orange Fluff Jello Salad Recipe:
    Ingredients:
    1 large package Cook and Serve vanilla pudding (4.6 ounces)
    1 large package orange jell-o (6 ounces)
    2 cups water
    1 16 oz Cool-Whip (lite or fat-free is fine)
    1/2 bag mini marshmallows
    20 ounce can pineapple tidbits (drained)
    22 ounces mandarin oranges (drained)
    2 to 3 bananas, sliced (Optional, put in before serving so they don't turn brown in the fridge)
    Directions:
    Mix together pudding, Jell-o, and water over medium heat until it boils. Remove from heat and pour into a large mixing bowl. Refrigerate until mixture has thickened (about an hour). Beat until creamy. Fold in Cool Whip, marshmallows, and fruit. Chill about an hour before serving.
  • rlmassman84
    rlmassman84 Posts: 91 Member
    My father in law does low carb and I am cooking this year so I had to do some looking. Here is what we are going to have:

Roasted Pork Loin
    Glazed Carrots/Parsnips
    Sesame Green Beans
    Roasted Apples & Cranberries
    Baguettes

Ok, so the baguettes are not low carb, but that was a nod to everyone else who is not doing it.
  • Diet_Soda
    Diet_Soda Posts: 124 Member
    Beef tenderloin and creamed spinach!