Foods you hated as a child but love now?

Options

Replies

• monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Mangoes! Can you believe it. I grew up in Cairns, Australia and we had a mango tree - all the mangoes I could want, and I didn't want any! Now I have to pay $3 for 1 :(
  • MissJemima
    Options
    Sweet potatoes! I used to hate them with a passion but now I literally cannootttt get enough!! lol Great stuff! ^.^ Still hate carrots though lmboo
  • MissJemima
    Options
    Whattt??? lol A mango tree??? #Heaven!!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Liver!
  • Panthers89
    Panthers89 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Sauerkraut, shrimp, and pork chops come to mind.
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I think the only vegetables my mom served when I was growing up were corn and green beans. I love veggies but probably would have turned up my nose at them earlier in life.

Cauliflower, brocolli, asparagus, cooked carrots, squash, sweet potatoes. Now I'm hungry.
  • boys4rmine
    Options
    rice! My mom always made white rice and I hated it. Got married and my husband made brown rice and I loved it. Must have been the texture.
  • Paula038
    Paula038 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Aubergine! Our nanny would fry aubergine in loads of oil and serve it as breakfast before school! Close second would be Brussels sprouts, artichokes and celery.
  • JuliMagenta
    JuliMagenta Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    carrots!
    I hated these like hell when I was a child, IDK what happend, but now, for about 2 years I love em!
  • WRXSTiPanda
    Options
    Avocado, spinach, asparagus, grapefruit, almond, onion, bell pepper, oatmeal, apples, carrots and pomegranates.
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Raw tomatoes. I still don't like most kinds, but I LOVE grape tomatoes in a salad now!
  • taidasrictar
    taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Broccoli use to hate the stuff now i kill a 3 lb bag by myself every 2 weeks or so :laugh:
  • Tffanie4712
    Options
    Asparagus and Brussels sprouts.
    EXACTLY!!!
  • engian
    engian Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Brussels Sprouts, eggplant
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    When I was around 4 or so I hated peppers. My mom told me they were important for staying healthy, and I told her I'd like them when I was older.

Now I love them.
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Broccoli, cauliflower & guacamole.
  • Kestrel45
    Options
    Bell peppers, any nuts, fish, whole wheat bread, onions, avocados, and plain yoghurt
  • ilikethisname
    Options
    onions. I used to pick them out and now I add them to (almost) everything.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I liked weird stuff as a kid ... Lima beans and chicken livers were actually two of my favorite foods ... I used to HATE peanut butter, now I love it ...
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I hated all foods as a child. Dinner each night was an hours-long war of attrition between my mother and I where I would sit staring at her in stoney-eyed silence while she tried to negotiate, bribe, and threaten me to eat at least part of my food. I spent a significant percentage of my childhood sitting at the dinner table with my arms crossed and my jaws clenched.

But now I like pretty much everything.

So there is hope for my 9 yr old... Thank god.