noticing a trend

Options

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    But really, some of my most avid supporters are women. The others are men.

Broad generalizations don't communicate or mean much, except if you are saying "chocolate is good and cauliflower is bad."

But...I like cauliflower

OP likes cauliflower. /thread
    No, he needs to suggest a recipe first.

Breadstickies!?
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options

Broad generalizations don't communicate or mean much, except if you are saying "chocolate is good and cauliflower is bad."

But...I like cauliflower

I steam it and throw some cheese on it. Done
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

But...I like cauliflower

Breadstickies!?

:angry:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

But...I like cauliflower

Breadstickies!?

:angry:

Tee hee :heart:
  • KayNowayJose
    KayNowayJose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You are correct!

And that's coming from a woman.
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    Before someone gets all huffy, this is just a very broad generalization.

Now, I have noticed that women spit out far more venom towards each other than men when it comes to fitness. Well....actually, when it comes to anything. Am I wrong in seeing that?
    Fitness maybe. Men get all crazy when it comes to arguing nutrition. A guy sees a video or reads an article and suddenly thinks he's a freakin' expert. He takes to the message boards and starts preaching with the fervor of a TV preacher. Ugliness ensues.

This is true. I am seen guys go insane arguing about proper form or which lift is more effective.
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Nopeee, I see this at gym all the time! At the gym, the men all have "broships" going whilst the women kinda eye each other off at each corner of the room.
  • KayNowayJose
    Options
    *flips hair and walks out in a huffy huff*

How dare you!

Meow

You lift like a man!!!!!

Whaaaaatttt!!!???? You lift...like a...man...too!!!

You grunt like a lady....I like it

Did we just make up after our little cat fight!? I lubs you! :heart:

It was an honor to fight with you baby.

Aw, I love happy endings...
  • KayNowayJose
    Options

Now, I have noticed that women spit out far more venom towards each other than men when it comes to fitness. Well....actually, when it comes to anything. Am I wrong in seeing that?
    ''

It's not just about fitness. Every job I've had with women co workers has always been a catty and miserable work experience. I even prefer male friends. Just less....*****iness.

When you can't get along with half of the people you meet you might want to consider that maybe it's not them, but you. If you go to work expecting every woman there to be a catty b%$tch, and treating them as such...well..i am sure you see where i am going with this.

This is a wonderful point. I have worked in work environments mostly women and been extremely happy and it felt like a second family, I cried upon leaving and respect those women deeply and keep in regular contact with them. Then others, where it was insanely crazy, and THE very same for the dominantly male environments, one where I wanted to shoot myself in the head before lunch because I felt like the only adult and the other where I never had that 'second family' feel, but more of a mentor/brother environment, with immense respect.
  • KayNowayJose
    Options

Fitness maybe. Men get all crazy when it comes to arguing nutrition. A guy sees a video or reads an article and suddenly thinks he's a freakin' expert. He takes to the message boards and starts preaching with the fervor of a TV preacher. Ugliness ensues.

I've seen this....it's scary.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

I eat chocolate-covered cauliflower, you Jezebel!!!
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

Well yeah of course you're wrong. Broad generalizations usually are.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

ALL broad generalizations are always wrong.

:wink:

eta: but yeah, this.
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options

ALL broad generalizations are always wrong.

:wink:

I see what you did there.
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 357 Member
    Options

I eat chocolate-covered cauliflower, you Jezebel!!!

But do you call it "candy"? I just want to free cauliflower from the tyranny of being pushed into other named foods. Let cauliflower run free as cauliflower.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lowj3c5MHl1qemjgeo1_500_zps2f9f79bd.gif
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Sometimes.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

i disagree. it's just done differently

i've been in many manyweight rooms and worked out with enough men to have seen lots of guys "jokingly" call each other out for punking out on weight. i'm also friends with a fair amount of male athletes who do the same to each other out of the weight room too about the size of their gun or how high they can't jump, etc

i dunno i'd much rather leave a conversation knowing that my friend thinks i'm fat rather than trying to show off and ripping a pec or popping a hamstring.
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    The smart ones embrace each other. There is strength & power in numbers. Chicks rock.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    No. We are b*****s and everything is a competition. All women have at least a little bit of this attitude in them. Even the nice girls.
This discussion has been closed.