momma of two, trying my best

Options
hey all!! just wanting to say hi and this is me blah blah blah wasn't to sure about the message board but after reading a few I'm happy to report no negativity :) so here I am 33 yo F 5' 5" starting at 257 trying to get to 150ish If I can get to 175 I'll be happy 150 is the icing on the cake,,,,,doing this strictly by cutting/watching calories and the gym,,never thought I'd become a gym person now I can't wait till I can get back :) so message/add me if you want,,,,good luck to all!

Replies

• j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hey I am also a mother of two and 33 years old. I am kind of in maitenance now (been here for a year) but I have put on just a few pounds so I dropped my calorie intake to lose a half pound a week. I started MFP after I had my 2nd baby and it took me about 7 months of true commitment to lose the weight I wanted to and then some. I will send you a friend request. I am happy to motivate. :)
  • turtlewv
    turtlewv Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss! I had gotten down from 325 to 230 then gained back up to 257,,a friend at work showed me this app and I love it,,,I might even be obsessed lol,,,the charts and graphs have really helped me "get it"
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I found this website while I was on maternity leave. I was trying to do WW on my own. I didn't have the money to join WW again so I was looking for free food trackers and found this site and instantly became obsessed. This site has helped me control food and I have learned so much!

You have lost a lot of weight! Good for you! That takes a lot of dedication. I know you will enjoy this site, it can be very addicting in a good way. :)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Glad you are loving the gym now. I so wish I could get there more.
    I'm the mom to two also, they are 4 and 6.
    I just turned 48

Keep trying your best!!! You CAN do it. The desire the change has to be greater than the desire to stay the same.
  • ramsx1991
    ramsx1991 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm a mother of one and I always love having new mommy friends :)
    I am active daily and try my best to always motivate as much as possible! Feel free to add me.
  • tanialynwells
    Options
    Hi there, I am a 31 year mum of 2. I have only just joined and am after some people who understand what it is like trying to lose weight when you have little ones. I live in New Zealand and have 40 kg to lose to reach my goal weight. I am a single mum and work part time. Hope we can all help and support each other
  • marylang81
    marylang81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a momma of 2 as well, trying to get down to my pre-pre pregnancy weight. Yep, never lost it after the first kid. I'm 31, looking to get down to 140lbs. I sent you an invite request. Let's motivate each other to reach our goal!
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I just had my second baby May 16th. I've spent 6 years letting my weight spiral out of control and finally woke up when I hit the scales at 188 lbs, the day before I gave birth. I'm 3 pounds away from my high school weight, which was something I would have never thought possible, if you had asked me 6 months ago. Find a sustainable route and go get it, whatever your goals be! :flowerforyou:
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Also mom of 2 (8 and almost 3) SAHM....35 yr old....been on here for almost 3 yrs lost 60lbs gained back 20 lbs. Trying to get down to 165-175lbs...started at 265lb after having baby #2. Looking for much support and will give back in return! Please add me!

Stacey~
  • Lynn1315
    Lynn1315 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm a mom of 2 daughters (9 & 6) and 35..... I've been a MFP member for a long time, but fell of the wagon... I'm starting over. I just got the fitbit flex and I'm hoping that offers me some extra motivation. As a mom, I struggle with providing good meals to my kids, being a good example with exercise... but also trying to spend quality time with them while working full-time (outside my home) and an hour long commute.

A few years ago, I was an avid runner, but after an ankle injury, I stopped and can now run barely 2 miles. I'm still having ankle issues, but running was my "me" time and I was a better mom because of it. During the time I was running a lot, I had more energy.. I ran before the kids got up, or after they went to bed.. now I just want to collapse or sleep in. I would love to be doing 5K's again, and eventually do another half marathon etc.

I would love to support some of you, and also have you support me. Feel free to add me and I'll do my best to support you!

Lynn

Message me if you are interested in connecting.
  • FatMommaMel
    FatMommaMel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am a 31 year old mom of one with another on the way. I was in the process of trying to lose weight when I became pregnant and have been trying to stay active while pregnant, which is easier said than done these days! LOL I am due in March and then it will be "on" from there. Once I am healed and the doc gives me the okay I need to train for a Mud Hero in August. I am not the fittest person but want to be healthier for my kids.

I would love to make new friends and give support and motivation. I am a positive person and feel a lot of the same struggles as everyone else. Feel free to add me. :)

Melissa
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    hey all!! just wanting to say hi and this is me blah blah blah wasn't to sure about the message board but after reading a few I'm happy to report no negativity :) so here I am 33 yo F 5' 5" starting at 257 trying to get to 150ish If I can get to 175 I'll be happy 150 is the icing on the cake,,,,,doing this strictly by cutting/watching calories and the gym,,never thought I'd become a gym person now I can't wait till I can get back :) so message/add me if you want,,,,good luck to all!

Welcome, and good luck to you! As the time speeds by, you will look better and better to yourself.