Wanna be Perfect

Options
I Guess The * Headline * Says It All. I Want To Be Perfect From The Outside In. Why Cant I Be Thin An Happy, Instead Im Fat An Depressed. I Hate It. :cry: I Am Tired Of Being Over Weight, Im Tired Of Being Lonely. :sad: Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

80121.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• skermit23
    skermit23 Posts: 31
    Options
    I Guess The * Headline * Says It All. I Want To Be Perfect From The Outside In. Why Cant I Be Thin An Happy, Instead Im Fat An Depressed. I Hate It. :cry: I Am Tired Of Being Over Weight, Im Tired Of Being Lonely. :sad: Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

80121.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Good morning skermit and welcome to MFP!

I can completly relate, so take comfort in knowing there are alot of people here who have been and are still in your shoes. Although I joined MFP last year with a goal of 30 lbs to lose, my original weightloss journey started a few years ago. When I nicked the scale at 300 lbs, I knew things had to change. It was (and is) a hard battle. For myself, I had to admit I was/am additcted to food. It is my comfort, it is the shoulder I run to. Admitting that was horrible, but accepting it was awesome. It gave me some mental control over it. I can't say that in times of stress, I always walk away from the refridgerator, but I can say that I tend to make better choices if I do break down. Using a journal for food and activities is part of the puzzle piece for me. I initially kept a paper journal, but now I do it here.

As you stary, remember... walk, walk, walk! If you walk, it will shed! I know it took me fortitude to get to the gym, but I did it, and it made the difference. I just shut others out, got on the elliptical and pushed through 45 minutes every day, 6 days a week. I gradually added in other cardio and weight training, and then picked up cycling.

I am not trying to toot my own horn here.. I want you to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, in fact, there are many lights along the way... and you can reach each one!

Best of luck to you!

Ileana

Oh, and BTW.. my pic is from May, when I did my first Sprint distance Triathlon.. the next one is this Sunday!...... I never thought 4 years ago, i would be doing this!
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time.....set small goals.....and track your food. The best thing you can do is know what you are putting in your body. Soon you'll be ready to exercise and keep it going.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! :smile:

Start with a positive attitude....it seems from your post you are close to your lowest point....work on being positive about yourself and that it takes time to get where you want to be.

Good luck and utilize the community posting here....people are wonderful and really support each other. If you are truly ready to make a LIFESTYLE CHANGE, this place is a great place to start!!!!!!!!

And there really is no perfection.---who defines this???...we are all so different and have so much to offer......don't strive for perfection.....strive for the best you!
  • janetbr
    janetbr Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of going through the same thing as you are. I've been depressed and feeling like a failure because I can't stick to eating healthy and doing what I need to do. Yesterday I posted a message similar to yours. The people on this site really helped me believe that there is help and that I can do this and that I deserve it. I thought about it a lot yesterday and realized I AM the only one who can turn this around. I've decided to take it one day at a time and I've also committed myself to a bike ride to raise money for wounded soldiers. I don't ever want to let people down so this is my way to stick to a program and do something to help others in the process. I wish you all the luck in your journey, but remember you can do it and you deserve it.
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    I can't tell you enough how important it is to change the way you think! That is the biggest key to changing your life to the way you want it.

Like ladywalkalot says, take it one day at a time. You can't lose the weight in a week or two. Set your self realistic goals every month or so. Remember to look out in the future toward your goals, don't get caught up in the now, the self-distructing, self-loathing, now. Stop doing that. Look toward the future and what you what your future to be, your goals.

Only you can live your life. You cannot change your past, you can't do anything about your past, so stop living in it and move on to your future and how you want your future to be.

Chin up! Get back on track, and when you get off track, just get back on and don't beat yourself up when you do fall off. Just get back on track and always keep your goals in mind!

You can do it!:bigsmile:

57971.png
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    you have come to the right place! These ladies are right, one day at a time, and things will get better! Hugs and welcome!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    You have definitely come to the right place. You'll get alot of support here.

P.S. you don't want to be perfect.....if so, you'll be searching for something that doesn't exist.

Good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • Rawbrat
    Rawbrat Posts: 26
    Options
    I am totally in the same boat as you.... In February I topped the scale at 303lbs and I am now on my weightloss journey. I have lost 37lbs so far...... and remember the weight is not going to fall off over night because it didn't get there overnight and I have to remind myself that all the time...... But there is a light at the end of the tunnel and as long as you keep it up and talk to pple here you will do it and acheive your goal I have faith in ya!! :) Just keep your chin up and tell yourself you can do this and your kids like mine will be your motivation for sure!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I know how you feel! But you can do this! It may seem like you have a long way to go, but before you know it you'll be well on your way. Try breaking your goal into smaller ones. Small acheivements realy help me to stay on track! good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Jamariqui
    Jamariqui Posts: 43
    Options
    You CAN do anything you put your mind to. You have to find that inner strength and determination to achive your goals.

Take it one day at a time. One step at a time. One meal at a time. One pound at a time.

Sometimes looking at the whole picture can become overwellming and not make us want to, or believe we can do it.

I think you will be sucuessful, I know you will.

Just be patient wtih yourself, and make one change in your life at a time and you will get there. You've already made a great descion to join MFP!!!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Yupyup, I agree with everything everyone else has said. Only things I can throw in are...

Set tiny goals. Make things that seem absolutely rediculously simple your goals. Things like... eat breakfast today. Eat 5 small meals today. Dont drink sodas today. Do it 2 days in a row. Walk a mile today. Use your imagination. These are simple things that you can add in one at a time, but they can have a huge impact. The smaller the steps you break it into, the easier it will be. And even more, reward yourself for meeting each of these tiny goals. People tend to keep doing things when they get rewarded for them.

What this does is makes it simple for you to ramp yourself up to a healthy lifestyle. Plus the rewards keep you motivated. Finally, when you make a goal and meet it, it lifts your self esteem and self confidence. The more you show yourself you can do it, the more you realize you really CAN do it. You can do anything you put your mind to.

I wish you the best, and welcome once again :)
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    You have definitely come to the right place. You'll get alot of support here.

P.S. you don't want to be perfect.....if so, you'll be searching for something that doesn't exist.

Good luck.:flowerforyou:

Soupnazi has it right on the nose! Perfection doesn't exist, it's just a concept crated by advertising.
  • cnolovechild
    cnolovechild Posts: 179
    Options
    I feel your pain! :laugh: I've only been on this site for a month and a half and I've already seen soo much difference! Before I started this, I had subscribed to the idea that "Well I'll always be overweight..it's just who I am" ....but I know now that it was just an easy way out. I decided to do something when I hit the 250lb mark and I thought WTF? LOL

I guess my point is that It CAN happen for you! Fad diets aren't the answer to anyone's problems... it's actually being accountable for what you put into your mouth and being honest with yourself about how active you are. This place is a fount of support and encouragement so use us up! :laugh: Don't get down on yourself if you have a bad day.....we all have bad days! On good days these boards are here to get the excitement out! I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we love to see someone having a good day or a goal reached! Welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou:
  • skermit23
    Options
    I would like to say a really big thanks to everyone!!! Even though I have just joined yesterday, I am totally amazed. Everyone is so helpful and upbeat. The inspiration and encouragement that comes from this group is just awesome.

thanks all of you for providing me with such a great place to cry, gripe and laugh, and maybe solve my problems. My only regret is that I didn't find this site sooner. I hope you all have a great (and healthy) weekend. :flowerforyou:
  • skermit23
    Options
    I would like to say a really big thanks to everyone!!! Even though I have just joined yesterday, I am totally amazed. Everyone is so helpful and upbeat. The inspiration and encouragement that comes from this group is just awesome.

I want to thank all of you for providing me with such a great place to cry, gripe and laugh, and maybe solve my problems. My only regret is that I didn't find this site sooner. I hope you all have a great (and healthy) weekend. :flowerforyou: