Fun workout routines

Options
Does anyone know of some fun workout routines? I want to make the routines fun so I will be able to enjoy them when working out.

Thank you

Replies

• Ian_Stuart
    Ian_Stuart Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    If you want to run, there is an app called Zombies Run for both android and iphone that simulates a zombie attack and guides you through sprinting away from hordes and jogging through a ruined town to get supplies and rescue survivors. If you want to lift then I find it is all about music and variety. Several of the crossfit boxes post decent daily workouts that are always different. (Invictus and OPT to name a couple) If you want a bodyweight routine, I recommend the bodyrock.tv videos.
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    For me...my favorite is ZUMBA!! :bigsmile:
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you consider fun and what kind of equipment you have for fitness.

My favorite workout is a personal training session with my trainer. Its an hour long and I have a great time with him. Without him, I like to hike the trails of the coast of the Pacific ocean. Beautiful views and challenging trails. I also enjoy working out with my resistance bands and jump rope when I am in my house and don't want to go anywhere.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    ambiguous question is ambiguous
  • 48Christy
    48Christy Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the replies. Sorry, I should have been more specific with my question.

Does anyone know of intense fun cardio dvd workout routines?
  • Ian_Stuart
    Ian_Stuart Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    The bodyrock ones aren't dvd based. They are on the Internet, but I watch them on the tTV. If you want actual dvd ones then insanity is good for burning fat and p90x is good for strength.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Just did the first workout of T25. REALLY enjoyed it. He was very motivating and each exercisea only lasted 30 seconds. Tempo went up and down. I did the whole workout following Tanya who does modifications- all low impact. I think that was slightly under doing it though so I'll won't do all the modifications next time. I think it's not too testosterone fuelled like insanity but not too dancey like Turbo fire so good for both males and females.

I made a copy of the discs and my partner did it in the other room. He's fitter than me but he did more high impact and enjoyed it too. I think it's therefore good for everyone. Looking forward to my workout tomorrow- dont think I've ever said that before!!
  • 48Christy
    Options
    The bodyrock ones aren't dvd based. They are on the Internet, but I watch them on the tTV. If you want actual dvd ones then insanity is good for burning fat and p90x is good for strength.

Cool, I am trying to lose some extra weight and build strength at the same time. The programs look really great!!!!!! I am looking forward to trying both of them. Thank you so much for the suggestions.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Plates and a barbell. And dumbbells. Good music.
  • 48Christy
    Options
    Just did the first workout of T25. REALLY enjoyed it. He was very motivating and each exercisea only lasted 30 seconds. Tempo went up and down. I did the whole workout following Tanya who does modifications- all low impact. I think that was slightly under doing it though so I'll won't do all the modifications next time. I think it's not too testosterone fuelled like insanity but not too dancey like Turbo fire so good for both males and females.

I made a copy of the discs and my partner did it in the other room. He's fitter than me but he did more high impact and enjoyed it too. I think it's therefore good for everyone. Looking forward to my workout tomorrow- dont think I've ever said that before!!

Cool, it sound very interesting to me. I never had hear of that program before. I am going to have to check it out. Thank you for the suggestion.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options

Cool, it sound very interesting to me. I never had hear of that program before. I am going to have to check it out. Thank you for the suggestion.
    It's the new programme by Shaun T and Beachbody- he did Insanity.
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Belly dancing is fun and also sexy... and you get a great workout too...
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I suppose it depends on the person but to me, I find Turbofire extremely fun! I also enjoy ChaLEAN Extreme, and I love P90x.
  • 48Christy
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the replies and the suggestions. :smile:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    This is like asking what the best ice cream flavor is. Whatever you like.

Ryan-Gosling-Shrug.gif

(But the correct answer to the ice cream question is chocolate.)
  • just__ducky
    Options
    deleted
  • 48Christy
    Options
    Thank you for everyone's input. I do really appreciate all the suggestions. I will have fun trying some of exercises out too. :smile:
    Thank you again.
  • StevenH74
    Options
    I'm enjoying doing the Les Mills Body Combat series at the moment. The trainers are decent, fun and motivating. I also have a punch bag which is fun to use, I have even considered taping a photo of my ex boss' face to it!
  • cheriibomb
    Options
    If you want to run, there is an app called Zombies Run for both android and iphone that simulates a zombie attack and guides you through sprinting away from hordes and jogging through a ruined town to get supplies and rescue survivors. If you want to lift then I find it is all about music and variety. Several of the crossfit boxes post decent daily workouts that are always different. (Invictus and OPT to name a couple) If you want a bodyweight routine, I recommend the bodyrock.tv videos.

Omg that is so cool. I will be running all crazy like with that app.lol