Energy Boosters?

I don't want to take any pills or anything like that - but I am looking for ways/foods to boost my energy. :yawn:

I tend to prefer longer, lower intensity workouts (ex: I walk/light weights 3 hours a day vrs doing one hour of high energy circuit training) - I am by nature a lower energy person and always have been - but it is something about myself that I am not crazy about (Eeyore :ohwell: )

My work has me up late - I usually get up at 10 to get my full 8 hours. I take a multi-vitamin, B12 and D when I can remember... I don't have much caffeine (I get heart palpitations) but I sometimes have green tea. :drinker:

Any energy boosting tips I would greatly appreciate! Thanks!

:heart:

Replies

• nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    more protein
    check your Iron levels
    coconut cream
  • Regular coffee with a pinch of milk and no sugar. SRS
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    I'm usually pretty low energy too, I can drink coffee though (thankfully!!!), I didn't used to be able to.
    I find I have a lot more energy after eating a salad with some kind of protein on it, drinking V8 juice (every tried the V8 energy drinks? the caffeine comes from green tea, I believe), and recently tried a CLIF energy bar, which gave me tons of energy! I was super hyper after eating that for breakfast, it didn't keep me full for more than a couple hours so I'd recommend them as a snack not a meal replacement. Next time I'm at the store I'm going to pick up some LUNA energy bars, made by the same company but for women and I think a little lower cal.