Hello I need help recovering

Options
I went from 190 to 105 by starving myself. Throwing up, spitting, and walking for hours to purge. It has left me sallow, skinnyfat, with a portruding spine, shoulderblades, a sunk in waist, dark circles, no tits, and thighs that are still fat. My family is threatening to lock me up for an ED. They're giving me a chance to get healthy on my own.
Help me to eat and exercise please. Also how do you increase calories without getting fat?

Replies

• minuz5
    minuz5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hey, never starve yourself. You can achieve a good physique by eating well, and doing certain exercises.

For beginners compounds are the best. Squats, deadlifts, barbell bench presses and military presses. These will help you to gain quite some muscle.

With good nutrition you should start burning fat. Calculate your tdee and according to your goal, take +-20% of your calories. So if you're bulking then add roughly 200 cals if you're cutting then subtract that.
  • angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have an eating disorder and should get proper medical advice. Try not to see food as an enemy but as fuel. If you starve yourself you lose muscle as well as fat, and can damage your heart,as that is a muscle! Take a good look at the healthy food pyramid/plate and follow that.
  • soyglitter
    Options
    You should not do ANY exercise as you are most likely extremely malnourished and your organs may be severely damaged. I recommend seeing a psychiatrist and dietitian.
  • CrystalEIizabeth
    Options
    Hey there! I am also new and have since recovered from an eating disorder - I would also recommend firstly to go and speak to a nutritionist/councillor for some help, but you are welcome to add me if you really are dedicated to recovering, I'll be happy to help and support you :)
    best of luck <3
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    You do need help. You Have to start getting nutrients in your body. Eat lean meats and LOTS of vegetables. Eat breakfast. Eggs and whole wheat toast. Have a snack. I would recommend you get low sodium V-8 juice. You need the vitamins. Eat a lunch FULL of vegetables and a lean meat like chicken. Then another snack. Greek yogurt is good. Have a salad with leafy greens and another lean meat for dinner. You need to expect to feel full because you have been eating so little but if you don't eat your vital organs will start to fail!!! After a few days of good healthy meals start working in an exercise program. OH,and throw away your scale!!! You should not have it at this point. Please message me. I can recommend an extremely healthy nutritional shake that will get the vitamins back in your body that you need. I don't blame your family for being worried. They must love you very much!