Kettlebell class?

Options
My gym has a kettlebell class tonight. Im debating going but im totally unsure what it'll be like! And I don't want to go in completely blind.

Does anyone have any advice? What weight to start off with or what type of things you do in a class? Any information at all would be lovely :)

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I bet the instructor will suggest what weight(s) you should use. She should also have plenty of instruction on how to do the various moves. It's a lot easier to learn than say a step class or anything dancey, so I say try it! You can google 'basic kettlebell moves' or watch Youtube videos of kettlebell workouts, I bet, if that'd make you more comfortable. It's really good for you and is a nice workout.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Definitely go! I like group exercise classes.

If you are worried about weights, go lighter. If you can, do what the previous respondent said and talk with the instructor beforehand. Instructors usually like it when people talk with them beforehand, especially if they are new to a class.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It starts in half an hour I think ill introduce myself to the instructor first so I know what to expect :)
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Report back! I want to hear how it was!
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I remember my first class and I've been hooked ever since. The instructors at my gym always make a point to ask if there are any first timers and the class is divided into two with beginners on one side with appropriate weights and advanced on the other. I know at my gym people are very friendly and helpful when an instructor isn't around as far as weight advice, etc. Everyone has a first time after all. I hope you enjoy it!
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    So I've been! And it was super fun! But I was so tired at the end! I used a 10lb kettlebell and I made it about half way before wanting to die haha. I will definitely go again!
  • waveonwave82
    Options
    I'm also booked in for my first kettlebell class tomorrow night! I cant wait as I've heard very good things about these classes. With this, Spin & HIIT I'm hopinh my weight will fall off me!