Getting Ready to Watch Biggest Loser...

Options
I'm excited! I like it when we hit this stage of the show!

Who is your favorite right now? I really liked Frado at first but now I'm not so sure. That little Bromance those three men have going on is really disturbing me...but I LOVE Anna and Ada.

I wonder what tonight's episode has in store! :o)

Replies

• emmak58
    Options
    I've always enjoyed watching Biggest Loser, too. I haven't decided on a definite favorite yet, but I like how quiet and tough Ada is. Is Elizabeth still there? I can't remember.
  • Mari1969
    Options
    I really liked Adam and was sad to see him go. I like Ana and Ada.
  • TriTri76
    TriTri76 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't care for Frado he is a big baby. I love Anna and Ada.
  • Steph_Anie
    Steph_Anie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fave so far..... but I get motivated watching them! The girls need to step it up this season--I haven't figured out a lead girl yet. I'm gonna wait to watch it so I can fast fwd through commercials :-)
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    I love to watch the show with my mom who usually records it so we can fast forward commercials. But I have a lot of fun surfing on MFP and watching the show at the same time! :o)

Elizabeth is still on the show and I like her too. But it sucks that she is on the black team with my other fav ladies...but with those goofy guys! I'm scared one of them will be the first to go when its time for someone to get eliminated... :o(

I love military episodes! I often dream of getting my butt whipped into shape! lol! :o)
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I love military episodes! I often dream of getting my butt whipped into shape! lol! :o)

I joined the army at 17 and spent my senior summer vacation at basic training - I came back for my Senior year and FINALLY I started to get attention from the hot guys in school and became part of the popular crew lol

I do miss it at times because during basic training they made you eat. Your plate had to be full of food LOL

It was a fun experience especially at 17 who wouldn't want to spend their summer surrounded by hot guys?!?! LOL
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    ooh rah Marine Corps!! YUT
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I like Ada and Anna....but I also like Aaron. I definitely don't like the "bromance" thing....I always have a hard time with the game players. I guess I dislike it so because it seems they are more focused on the GAME than the WEIGHT LOSS. I know its a game....so I accept it....but I don't like it. lol Love the show though! And no one has irritated my nerves even HALF so much as Melissa did from last season! Or Tracy from the season before!

What I don't like about the black team is that the alliance between those fellas will automatically place the women in jeopardy....because ya'll know they will get rid of the women first. :(

I love the Biggest Loser! :)
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    BOOOOOO! ANNA!!!!! NOOO! DON'T GO!!!!!!
  • NutritionDivaRD
    Options
    Oooooooh I am MAD! Do you hear me? Ticked off that they voted Anna off! I like Elizabeth...I really do. But its Elizabeth who keeps holding them back in challenges....and the weigh ins as well. So next week if they have to face an another elimination, I won't feel sorry for them. Because they should have sent Elizabeth home. Anna could have pushed them further.

On a happier note....did ya'll check out how she looks NOW? She is ROCKING it! Can't wait to see her at the finals! Keep up the good work Anna!
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    She was roooocking it for sure!!! Loved her new look!!! She looked so happy, I liked that the most. I was sitting here thinking too, every week she thought it was going to be her. That had to be stressful. I didn't want to see her go, but honestly I wouldn't have want to be there with those crazy guys anymore.

And you are right on about Elizabeth too. It was so obvious they were just keeping her there because she had been there longer...which was just bogus. SIGH. I think we should be in charge....we are obviously awesome...LOL!

I'm seriously bummed Anna is gone now... :o(
  • NutritionDivaRD
    Options
    Well....so long as they keep Ada....I want to see her stay until the end. If I HAD to pick a favorite, its probably her. I fear they will boot her off if given the chance because she is a bigger threat to them than Elizabeth is. I just don't trust that black team....the bromancers.

I love the final show! Its always so great to see how everyone has done. :)
  • emmak58
    Options
    Did ya'll see tonight's show? It was preempted here by election coverage.
  • Steph_Anie
    Steph_Anie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Oooooooh I am MAD! Do you hear me? Ticked off that they voted Anna off! I like Elizabeth...I really do. But its Elizabeth who keeps holding them back in challenges....and the weigh ins as well. So next week if they have to face an another elimination, I won't feel sorry for them. Because they should have sent Elizabeth home. Anna could have pushed them further.

On a happier note....did ya'll check out how she looks NOW? She is ROCKING it! Can't wait to see her at the finals! Keep up the good work Anna!

I have to agree!!!
    It also irritates me when they claim they "had no control of their food, or sleep, or whatever" we have to take responsibility for what we put in our bodies-- and the effort we put out-- when I lose weight, it's b/c I worked for it and took responsibility and was honest for what I put in my mouth---- it wasn't magic!--not trying to upset anyone, just my opinion
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I was mad they voted anna off too :(:(
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Does anyone think the "mess hall food" is what cause them to gain or not lose much weight?

One person said on the show about not measuring but shouldn't they be able to eyeball it by now?

I ate mess hall food and lost weight...so did a lot of my other basic training buddies and we ate that food for 2 months.
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    Does anyone think the "mess hall food" is what cause them to gain or not lose much weight?

One person said on the show about not measuring but shouldn't they be able to eyeball it by now?

I ate mess hall food and lost weight...so did a lot of my other basic training buddies and we ate that food for 2 months.

VERY interesting that you weighed in on this? Get it? Weighed in? lol...I'm slap happy this morning...haha! Anyhow...I was hoping you would because I kept thing...COME ON! MESS HALL FOOD? This is what these people are BLAMING IT ON? You are all still overweight...you all still have a weight to loose. And in ONE week's time people have a GAIN!?!?! That is...I'm sorry BOLOGNA.

A big pile of sodium filled BOLOGNA.

And I agree...after a short time on MFP I was able to eye ball a LOT of food. Not all of it, but the basics.

I love Ada too. She's the only female that has put out good numbers and seems to be doing the work. She is cute! :o)
  • akela4860
    akela4860 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't see it being the food they ate either. I definately think the "boys in black" are up to something. Hoping there is another twist coming up that will break up their comfy alliance.

I do love watching the show though,, keeps me motivated. We had a biggest loser contest for 8 weeks in my hometown. Over 250 applicants and 25 people chosen. i was one of them and finished in 4th place. I still keep in touch and work out with some of the other "losers",, god it was so much fun.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Food is 80 percent of it and I do think it was part of the weigh in. I do not like the black team period this year. I do like Ada. Elizebeth is getting on my nerves, but I give them credit for being sensitive to her weakness and astma. Still I can't believe they kept her and she is a liablity. Elizebeth is so lucky! In previous seasons she would have been gone! I hope Aaron wins it and I think Anna looked awesome and did great!!

I started crying as the Marines told them the key is not to quit and never give up!! Awesome show with the marines. Not good for their weight loss but it was great for showing the mentality needed to lose weight and the power of team work! I thought of MFP and it is all about healthy eating but it is also about working together as a team. Supporting, encouraging each other when struggling. That scene with Elizebeth was awesome. Again showing the importance of finishing what we start -- no matter what the outcome -- win or lose.
  • NutritionDivaRD
    Options

I have to agree!!!
    It also irritates me when they claim they "had no control of their food, or sleep, or whatever" we have to take responsibility for what we put in our bodies-- and the effort we put out-- when I lose weight, it's b/c I worked for it and took responsibility and was honest for what I put in my mouth---- it wasn't magic!--not trying to upset anyone, just my opinion

I agree with you. And with others who say they should know by now how to eyeball serving and portion sizes. That excuse won't work with me. I do think they didn't have control over the sodium content BUT they should know to drink more water! I just think its doesn't excuse them having the gains they did. I guess we'll see next week! Frado is going to have a HUGE loss next week. I hope the bromancers aren't working a strategy to get Frado with the highest % so that he gets immunity and Ada is free for them to vote off. That is IF they don't beat the blue team. I guess we'll just have to see but I don't trust the black team at ALL.