Major binge...i need motivation!

Options
My goodness. Ever since the beginning of November, I have done terrible! Haven't worked out nearly all month and have been eating soo bad. I start out great in the morning with whole grain oatmeal with almond milk and blueberries...and then throughout the day I have fallen off the wagon. Today I ate almost an ENTIRE bag of lay's salt and vinegar chips. Needless to say I'm bloated and my tummy aches like fierce. Someone please motivate my butt! It's like...I can't control it here lately?! Is anyone else going though the same thing?

Replies

• peanutbutterrunna
    Options
    I've been over eating since thanksgiving and am up a good handful or so of pounds. Just gotta turn around and keep on going love!
  • be_patient
    be_patient Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I would love some answers! I ate a whole box of Delites today :(
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Here's my story about bingeing. I don't know if it's gonna help you but I hope so.
    Another way to look at things. I don't binge anymore.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1127935-bingeing-and-i-broke-up-and-had-closure

Best of luck!
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Try to figure out why you binged, did you forget to eat and got really hungry? Did something happen that made you stressed or sad?
    I sometimes forget to eat, and then there comes a moment where I'm like 'omg, must eat all the food'.
    Your breakfast was good, that is a great starting point. Look at it from there, are you getting enough protein and carbs? how are you calorie wise?
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Well, you have lost some weight so you know what to do. I'm afraid there is no way to keep motivation all the time. What works is building habits.

Eat at a healthy calorie deficit and go work out consistently. If you're not motivated? Do it anyway. Just keep doing it. Get up tomorrow and do it again. Pretty soon, it will be your lifestyle and you will just do it. It's hard work and you have to really want to lose the weight. When you do - you will.
  • irasgirl
    irasgirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, this is my first post so HELLO.
    Anyone interested in daily check in to help each other avoid binging?
    I too had a "full" holiday weekend but I want to try for a binge-free December
    Who wants in????

I pledge to help anyone trying to avoid a binge but lets take it day by day!

I will go first: I will NOT binge today and I will exercise today...who wants to join me?
    Kathy
  • karlospiklington
    karlospiklington Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Tracking calories on MFP has made me realise, in a way I didn't when I tried to lose weight previously, that the odd binge or junk food isn't that big a deal as long as the overall weekly calorie trend is downwards. You could easily offset those crisps with an hour's moderate walking or half an hour's brisk walking.

Simplest piece of advice on here but still the best; don't let one day/week/or even month knock you off the wagon. You had a blip, forget about it, move on and start eating better and exercising today.
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Overeating is not binging. It's an important distinction.

Work out how many calories are in the bag of crisps and knock them off your calorie limit over the next few days.

No big deal; we've all done it. But don't get worked up about it. It's good that you've spotted it and can deal with it in a normal way.