chicken=confusing

Options
hey everyone looked on a bunch of websites and all through this website and im getting alot of conflicting info on chicken..... specifically boneless, skinless, plain *kitten* grilled chicken. Nothing else How many calories in a 4oz serving??? Im finding everything from like 115-250 per 4oz serving.

Replies

• gbreault87
    Options
    breast meat.. and to say again totally plain no suace, glaze ect just boneless skinless, chicken breast meat
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    It's 120 for 4 oz. of Organic boneless skinless chicken which is free range antibiotic free chicken. Depending on what kind you purchase you should check the packaging and make notes accordingly.
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    When in doubt, I always double check the US Department of Agriculture database. I figure the USDA is most reliable.

http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Chicken and other meats shouldn't be calculated cooked. The weight can fluctuate so much depending on cooking time and method. So to track It accurately it should be weighed RAW.

4 oz of raw boneless skinless chicken breast is usually 120 calories. Check the food label to be sure. Ive bought chicken that's 110 calories per 4oz on the label.
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    It's 120 for 4 oz. of Organic boneless skinless chicken which is free range antibiotic free chicken. Depending on what kind you purchase you should check the packaging and make notes accordingly.

the organic"ness" of chicken has little effect on the calories (by little, i mean none)