Scared to Death to set a small goal

Options
I have not lost an ounce since 10/12/2010. I know I had to bump up my calories, I know I am still not eating 1200, trust me I am really trying. I walk 10000 steps per day. I also do alot of cardio, but my pants feel no different, my bra feels no different, and my measurements have not changed anywhere. I will weigh this Thursday, and to be honest I am scared it will not have moved, and Tom is right around the corner! I know it takes time, but I am working really hard, and drinking my water, and I would just like to know what ya'll think is going on with my bod, thanks for caring.

Replies

• zumba66girl
    Options
    just keep doing what you are doing....we are here for you...good luck!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    I lost 2 pounds in the entire month of October, I know how it feels! I even started exercising half way through the month. However, I know that I feel better and am getting healthier even if the scale doesn't say anything!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem a week ago. For 3 long frustration weeks.....nothing. How's the sodium and fiber level looking in your journal? I bumped up the fiber and started watching the sodium closer. Last week finally lost 1.5 lbs. Plus with TOM around the corner....

Just went to see if your diary was available for view. Try adding a bit more fiber. Just glanced at a week and you seem low. Sodium looks fine. Calories could be a little higher. Maybe your body is trying the starvation mode. I got the Fiber Plus Antioxidants bar from Kellogg's 120 cal. and 9 grams of fiber.
  • carolww
    carolww Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    If you are able to... just keep going. Eat the right amount of calories, 1200 or more. I had a similar BIG nothing happen for three weeks and now its starting to happen. Stay strong... You've lost 26lbs... you know how it works...
  • new_me_4
    new_me_4 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think that you should continue to do what you have been doing. Maybe your body has plateaued with you weight loss. It is not uncommon to most people once they have reached a certain weight, but I encourage you to continue to workout and eat right. Do not give up the fight. :wink:
  • IrinaPA
    Options
    What or who is "Tom"?
  • watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Might not hurt to go to your GP and have some labs pulled to make sure everything is as it should be. But if you're regularly under 1200 cal, I think the other's on this thread are mostly likely on the right track. You're starving. Eventually starvation will equal weight loss (think concentration camps), but at a huge expense to your health. Try to get to 1300 or more if you can, especially if you are doing cardio and walking 10k steps everyday.
  • charmed2570
    Options
    UMMMM, well my cycle!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Time
    Of the
    Month
  • charmed2570
    Options
    I used to not eat but 450-650 cal. per day so its a bit bumped up from that, but I will start drinking my fiber everyday and I will get 100% of the fiber I need from that, I never thought that could be a problem, but its worth a shot, and I need fiber anyway. Thanks
  • raven5131
    Options
    TOM? LOL! I have never heard that. I was thinking Thanksgiving. Tom Turkey? That is so funny! Keep it up girl. I can tell you it is definately important that you get in the caolries. I have started drinking protien shakes in the morning and after I work out to try to up my calories. When I get stalled I also look at my food diaries to see if I can spot anything. I keep tlling myself this is a marathon not a sprint.
  • watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    450 to 650 cals a day! oh my... how were you managing to get all your nutrients?
  • Bzbear2
    Bzbear2 Posts: 109
    Options
    Hi there!

I was just looking at your food log and it really loooks like you need to eat up those exercise calories, or at least most of them! Take a look at your net calories under reports - make sure that you are NETTING at least 1200 calories (AFTER EXERCISE!) or you will just stop losing (like you are now!!)

BEST OF LUCK!