I AM NOT OBESE!

Options
As of today, I am no longer obese!!! :happy: :happy: I am now technically heavy.:noway: I have lost 50 lbs!:happy: I am over half way to my final goal: 145 lbs. :ohwell:

My original goal was to get off my "fat drugs." I accomplished that back in May, with some set backs regarding my blood pressure meds, but I am completely off them now! I have more energy than I can ever remember having. I am now in a size 14 pant and large blouse (I started out at a tight 20 pant, 2X Shirt). I cannot remember the last time I was in either (maybe early 20's, I'm 49 now).

I think my next mini goal will be to survive the holidays without gaining any weight. I will continue my walking/jogging and yoga classes.

I am positive proof that the fat girl can lose weight and get healthy by doing all of the right things (yes, it's slow, but steady work). This is a complete lifestyle change and I love it!!!!!!!!:love::happy: :happy: :happy:

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Isn't it funny that we are so happy being just "overweight"? I was doing the happy dance when I exited OBESE! Now - I am half way to "normal" and can't wait. Keep up the good work - you look fantastic!
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    Great job! I can't wait to get there myself. You should be proud in what you have accomplished and with Christmas coming, think of all you have already done and you will get through it without gaining.
  • raven5131
    Options
    Good for you! That is my next goal. I never thought I would look forward to being overweight. But I will take it over obese any day. I have 7 more pounds to go. I am SO happy you are there. I will be right there with you soon. Way to go sister!
  • esq2man
    Options
    Amazing!! The heck with labels like obese, etc. I am technically obese for now and that word makes me feel worse. I hope to keep getting healthy like you
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! I'm guessing you are pretty tall if you are a Size 14 and have 35 lbs to go. I am 5ft6in, a size 12 and am 142 lbs--and really proud of myself, by the way. ;) This is the smallest I have been in about 20 years.

I know you feel good--having shrunk yourself out of the Obese range. Congratulations and keep doing whatever you are doing!
    Have fun, :drinker: (water)
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    that's fantastic!!! i'm curious when i get out of that range now...i'm gonna go look right now!!! WTG and keep up the good work!!
  • MickeyLeigh
    Options
    I just checked my BMI and I am no longer obese either! I couldn't tell you the last time my BMI didn't calculate me as obese. I can't wait until it computes it as healthy! Congrats to you!
  • cef957
    cef957 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    YIPPEE!
  • watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Woooo Hoooo!
  • tondalea
    tondalea Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    congrats....I crossed that same line not that long ago and it was a great feeling. Keep up the good work.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    You are a big loser :wink: Congratulations!!! :flowerforyou: It must feel so good, to feel so good (does that make sense?)! What a major accomplishment. You can make it through the holidays...and don't fret if you put on a few, return to your MFP plan, and you will drop them! Just try and find lower calorie versions of your favorite holiday items (check out some Vegan recipes, you would be surprised what you can make). What a way to end the year :drinker: (ok I went smiley happy LOL).
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    Oh, and to be off you meds is truly amazing! I think people should look to you as an example of what healthy living can do for the body.
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome that you've come so far.

I too crossed the line from obese into overweight, and am so happy. It's such a great feeling and a great accomplishment.

Good luck getting down to your goal weight!!!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Great job!
  • ChattyKatie
    Options
    WTG!!! YOU ROCK
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Super job!
  • qwho
    qwho Posts: 157
    Options
    congratulations!

I agree with the other poster that said you must be tall to be in a size 14 and a large in tops
    and still 35 pounds from your goal

I am 5' 11" and 155 pounds and in a size 12 pants and a size large top and I am at my
    perfect weight according to the calculators, we all come in different shapes and sizes
  • ChattyKatie
    Options
    OK it is now officially official... I am obese :cry: Like I didn't know this. Just refused to calculate my BMI :frown: Well, I calculated it and I have a long road ahead. But slow and steady wins :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!