I need some motivation - I don't see/feel the weight loss

Options
I've lost 40lbs since January - I have an 18month old, my highest while pregnant was I think 204, and after I had the baby I went down to like 180something but went through a lot afterwards and went up to 200lbs again in 6 months. And then in Jan 2013 my cousin asked me to be in her wedding and I started eating better/exercising that same day. this year I've lost 40lbs so I am almost back to pre-pregnancy weight (always struggled with my weight)

I am feeling like crap cause I don't feel like I did before I had the baby, and I still feel disgusting and 200lbs. Only 1 person has said anything about the weightloss, she said I looked skinnier, but no one else has said anything so I feel like i still look like i did back in january. I have until around May to lose another 30, but I'm not feeling like I can do it as it took me 1 year to lose 40 and now I only have 6 months to go.

Right now I'm 5'2" and 160lbs. I wish I would've taken before pics back in January, but I didn't...maybe then I could see a difference.

Any advice, success stories? Do you think I could be able to lose the 30lbs in 5 months?

Edit: Also, any ideas how to stop emotional eating? I want to eat to live, not live to eat, but I am very impulsive so when I'm feeling down I turn to food right away.

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Take "before" pics now. I'm sure you would have been able to see a difference. Yes, you can lose 30lbs in 6 months. How many calories a day are you eating? If your loss is super slow, you may need to increase your deficit a bit or work out a little more.
  • Mariabellantoni
    Mariabellantoni Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Keep ya head up! You did it before and lost 40lbs, you can do it with support. Add me and we can help motivate each other and drop some pounds!

:smile:
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    a) sometimes people don't say anything because they aren't sure and don't want to embarass you or themselves
    b) wearing older and now baggier clothes can make it harder for people to notice
    c) 30 pounds in 5 months is possible but shouldn't be the end all and be all - just do what you can to make yourself feel better.

You're probably doing all the right things since you've lost 40 pounds in 11 months, so just stay focused, eat right, try to exercise as much as you can - you'll feel better and the weight loss will follow

good luck
  • fattofit84
    Options
    Its totally normal im right around the 50lbs gone mark and i swear i look the same as i did at 180 i think the more fit u get the more critical u r of ur body! What helped me was buying jeans a few sizes down and then working hard to get into them comfortably...now when im feeling down i put on my old way to big jeans and tell myself to look how far ive come! Good Luck and keep at it....u can do this!