How to tell if I'm Lip-Synching a song?

Options
So I love to sing and have a great deep voice which is perfect for country music and I can sing decent high to. But I can only sing to the music on my Ipad or to the radio. I could never do Karaoke if I tried.

Anyway my parents have heard me sing for years and so have some of my friends etc and they all say that it's my natural voice and I'm not lip-synching. But I wonder because some songs I heave heard for a while but haven't sang yet. When I first sing it I can just hit it out of the park but remember I'm singing along with the artist on my ipad or radio.

But how can I tell if I'm lip-synching when I sing?

I've also had many people tell me I need to go on The Voice or American idol lol I would be to nervous to do that.

But how can I tell? Thanks

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    400pancake_bunny.jpg
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary...

Come again?
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    400pancake_bunny.jpg

^^ This.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Que?
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    How old are you? :huh:
    lip-synching is when you move your mouth but no sound actually comes out. So if you're asking how can YOU tell if YOU are lip synching... do you know when sound is coming out of your mouth or not?

If the answer is no, turn the volume down on your music while you are "singing" and if you hear yourself, you are not lip synching.

This is the weirdest forum post I have ever seen :noway:
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    How old are you? :huh:
    lip-synching is when you move your mouth but no sound actually comes out. So if you're asking how can YOU tell if YOU are lip synching... do you know when sound is coming out of your mouth or not?

If the answer is no, turn the volume down on your music while you are "singing" and if you hear yourself, you are not lip synching.

This is the weirdest forum post I have ever seen :noway:

yes, what she said!
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    :huh: