Trail Runners... unite!

Options
2»

Replies

• Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I had to switch to trail running because my doctor said pavement was pounding my knees into hamburger. :/ I already have arthritis, and I want to keep running. I love the trail running, don't get me wrong, but it still bugs me a little bit that I can't find a social group. I went for a 5K road run every week with a local running group and we had a beer after. Can't find that kind of group socialization for trails and I miss it.

Why don't you start one? Post some flyers near your local trails and running shops and see if anyone else would be interested.

I am still pretty new to running so I am not the strongest running, but I do try and go on a trail run once a week on my only day off and love it.
  • linddavis
    linddavis Posts: 101
    Options
    heading out for a flat 10k soon... join us at our Trailrunning Group! just search "Trailrunners" in the Group Forum :wink:
  • linddavis
    Options
    Just home from a great foggy and cool run! So much better than 90 degrees~~
  • brendarun
    Options
    i started trail running about a year ago after being a road runner for about 2 1/2 years. I love the trails ive done 1 trail half, 3 trail marathons and 1 trail ultra and cant wait to run more trail races.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I dearly love trail running. Unfortunately where I live now does not have trails close by (or at least any that I know of). So I'm stuck running on an asphalt trail. :sad:
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It looks fun but I am afraid I will fall on the tree roots on the trails in VA.