Tummy tuck

Options
Has anyone ever had a tummy tuck? If so, what was your experience like?

Replies

• cagletb
    cagletb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    check out realself.com. it answered a lot of my questions along the way
  • redhd_n_nc
    redhd_n_nc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had a tummy tuck 5 months ago. The results are amazing! The first 3 days I was regretting my decision since I was in so much pain, but then I started to feel better. I am not skinny from the surgery, but I look great and feel great. Feel free to ask me anything and happy to post pictures.
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I had a tummy tuck 5 months ago. The results are amazing! The first 3 days I was regretting my decision since I was in so much pain, but then I started to feel better. I am not skinny from the surgery, but I look great and feel great. Feel free to ask me anything and happy to post pictures.

Based on your screen name, I'm going out on a limb and going to assume you are in NC? If so, can you send me a private message with some more details, such as what doctor you used, how your experience with them was, etc?

And hey, since you said you'd be happy to post some pics, please do! :smile:
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options

Im having one Dec 19 and would love to see your pictures....

I just started a phase of 'maybe I am still to fat to do this' .... ugh!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Real self.com, looks like a good website!
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Would like to see pics, also!
  • kayleygrav
    kayleygrav Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I had a tummy tuck three weeks ago. I'm really happy with the results so far but I still have a lot of swelling and discomfort at times. I also had lypo done on my love handles. I was in a lot of pain for the first 3 days and still up to two weeks post op. PM me if you'd like more details ;)
  • cjwalker81
    cjwalker81 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am going for my consultation on TOMORROW!!!
  • KimBeron
    KimBeron Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I had mine on December 20th and I am very happy with the results. It is a tough surgery/recovery and I still cannot wear the pants I had on before surgery due to swelling of thighs and hips.
    Pain was controlled well with percocet and muscle relaxers lol but nothing prepared me for the pain of having my drains removed after 17 days,
    I know recovery will take time but I have no regrets. Real Self website was loaded with great information from surgeons and patients I highly recommend looking on there for more information.
  • to_be_little
    Options
    I had mine done on Oct. 9, 2014. Its Nov.29 today. I have a breast reduction, full abdominoplasty and para umbilical hernia repair. I am still healing and getting sick of how long it seems to be taking.
    I am very happy with the results though!
    I am on a diet and can't wait to work out. I did a short sprint the other day and I am in so much pain!
    I would like to find others who are dealing with the healing.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Tummy tuck if needed - understandable.. Lipo and unneeded surgery - for quitters & opt easy ways out

*imo