So Frustrated!!!

Options
For the last month, I've been teetering between 151-155. The scale is not moving. It seems as if I will never be under 150.

Replies

• sallyLunn
    Options
    That so sucks. I know the feeling. Hope you shake the plateau soon.

(I am so proud that after MONTHS on MFP, I can actually spell plateau without the little red line appearing underneath.)
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Plateaus are tough. Just keep at it and you can do it!

Sometimes it helps to change up how many calories you eat so that it gets your metabolism going again. Have you tried doing something like that? Or change your exercise program around a little bit if you are doing that. Sometimes your body just needs a little change to kickstart it again.

Good luck!
  • vaavamom1
    vaavamom1 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    same here.I am at 150 since a month now,scale does not want to move.
    very discouraging :(
  • steppann
    Options
    I stayed stuck at a loss of 29 pounds for almost 3 weeks. I was going crazy, but I stuck to it and kept going. I changed my workout up a bit and I started getting more calories and my scales have finally started moving again. Dont give up.
  • gilliland24
    Options
    i know the feeling!! jmaybe its time u change up ur workout. maybe change what you are eating a bit not by too much tho! we all hit platues just have to keep trying! good luck!
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Plateaus are tough. Just keep at it and you can do it!

Sometimes it helps to change up how many calories you eat so that it gets your metabolism going again. Have you tried doing something like that? Or change your exercise program around a little bit if you are doing that. Sometimes your body just needs a little change to kickstart it again.

Good luck!

Now that sounds like great advice.

Anyone dieting will come across this at some point. Hang in there.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Don't give up!
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I agree with the statement that you may need to re-look at your food intake. That, and slow the cardio down and lift weights. Muscle EATS FAT for BREAKFAST and that is where the plateaus start, More fat then muscle. The reason that men lose weight faster then us is because they have more muscle. Some women fear weights because they think they are going to "BULK UP" Umm NO, that only happens if you are taking something to MAKE YOU BULK UP! Muscle increases Metabolism, Metabolism burns fat, thus you lose more weight. Increase proteins and increase your muscle and kiss the plateau GOODBYE! Not to mention all the OTHER fab benefits of gained muscle. IE: Less fatigue, Better sleep, Able to think faster, AND the BONUS BONUS! Better sex. So LIFT WEIGHT GIRLFRIEND!!! And if you already DO! Increase the weights that you lift, After a bit, muscle gets used to lifting a certain amount and stops performing to maximum. Thus... Plateau
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Definitely change up your exercise routine and diet. Changing your calories or the foods you eat will change your metabolism a little to get it going again, but mixing up the exercise is better.
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Wanted to check in to say I'm listening! All posts given great advice...consider doing....great luck!:wink: