please take a look at my food diary

Options
I have been stuck at 150 for the past 6 weeks.usually i do cardio,but today did some yoga as was getting bored with the usual.
tell me what i am doing wrong.getting a lil annoyed with the scale not moving.
clothes do feel lil bigger,but need to see the numbers move.

Replies

• PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    I think you have to set it to public setting. As far as I can tell it's still private unless I'm missing something!
  • lnadack
    lnadack Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary either.

Try shocking your system with a different type of diet. I was stuck for a while and then I shocked my system and dropped my calorie intake a little. It worked for me and I'm on track to losing more weight again.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    i would cut waaay back on the processed carbs. Cookies and crackers and bars...replace them with lean protein. Try laughing cow cheese, hummus and veggies. If you do choose carbs try fruit and peanut butter. I eat around 100g. of protein every day. It helps me stay full longer and keeps me lean
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I would say most points have been covered.

Your not eating enough lean protein.

Are you getting enough sleep?? Sleeping 8-10 hours every night can be very beneficial to your body and it helps to lose weight too!
  • vaavamom1
    vaavamom1 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    i have set my food diary to public.
    did u get to see it?
  • ssanchez41010
    ssanchez41010 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well, for the most part your diary looks pretty good. There could be some tweaks on some of the food choices, but your staying under calorie goals. I can understand your frustration. What you can try is maybe incorporating strength training and cardio together, raising your heart rate is the key, and will help shed those pounds. I see that your walking, yes that is great cardio, but are you really getting your heart rate up and is it a consistent pace? Again to step up a notch get some weights and walk with those, but I'd highly recommend doing something more aerobic especially since you've came to a halt on the weight loss. Good Luck!! I hope this helps :D
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I agree with eat less processed carbs.

I don't like low carb diets, but try to get your carbs from other places like veggies instead of crackers and white rice or white pasta. Opt of whole wheat if you get rice or pasta, and limit crackers as much as possible. They can actually spike your insulin levels causing you to store more fat, let alone make you feel hungrier.

Also agree on the eat more protein. I base my meals around what I can do with a lean chicken breast, some fish, or 96/4 ground beef. Just add some seasonings, veggies, and down it with water. :flowerforyou:

Also, many times breaking a plateau means working out at a higher intensity, changing up your workouts, etc. Throw some weight lifting in the mix to really see your metabolism boost.

Good luck!
  • Mookz0r
    Mookz0r Posts: 143
    Options
    Aside from the carbs aspect (you may want to try substituting the rice with loads of chunky veg with your curries), my suggestion would be to eat more.

1200 cals is the utmost lower limit and at 150lb, you're not hugely overweight. I'm guessing you have your settings to losing 2lb a week..

I had a plateau when I was at 150-odd lbs, and upped by cals to, well, anything between 1500-1800 for a week or two and then dropped back down to 1400-1500 (not counting exercise cals) and the weight's coming off again, albeit at 1kg/ month, but that's as much as my body wants to do at the moment, which is fine by me.

Lastly, eat at least half of your exercise calories, if not all of them.
  • VickieMW
    VickieMW Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I just lost 5 pounds this last week. I only ate Protein, vegetables and fruit. 3 to 5 fruits a day and all the different vegies you can eat. Red, yellow & Orange peppers, sugar snap peas. Well I could go on and on but just look at my food diary for the last week!

Eat Eggs for breakfast, 2 Egg white with 1 whole egg. etc.

If you want to lose weight the real key is vegetabels and don't eat any high carbs at dinner. No white rice, pasta, bread, crackers, & no cookies and candy! :) Best of luck! V
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Your carb content for the day is way to high and your protein level is way too low. Don't worry about gaining muscle from protein intake. Women don't gain muscle easily even with large amounts of protein. I would go into your setting and make it carb/protein/fat of 40/40/20 which will accomodate your diet more.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    ok i took a look at your diary for like the past 10 days and i don't think that it looks too bad! the only thing besides lowering your carbs maybe just a little bit would be to NOT eat ALL of your extra exercise calories but instead maybe just eat half of them. you are drinking plenty of water and it seems you are spreading out your food throughout the day which is great! also you had mentioned that you tried yoga for something diff...i would recommend switching between cardio and yoga or cardio and strength more often....your body will like the change and react better from it! other than that...i would also suggest taking your actual measurements because although it isnt the scale...it's still numbers that are probably going down and it will make you feel bettter til the scale catches up! good luck to you :)