Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What is the one thing you cant go to the gym without?

Replies

• rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,412 Member
    key fob
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,268 Member
    my mp3 player with my favorite radio station on it. IF my batteries die then I lose motivation and focus.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    A way to log my weights. Whether that's an app on my phone or a pencil and paper, I need it.

Same. Just feels like I'm wasting my time if I don't have a target to beat for each set.
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    One only? Just one? Man... Okay. My phone. Mainly for taking notes and music listening. HRM is really close too.
  • allopathicJ
    allopathicJ Posts: 36 Member
    It's gotta be headphones.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Agree. My gym normally plays ok music but on the days I forget headphones they always forget to turn it on. I hate it!!
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    My headphones and cellphone. Can't workout without it.
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Chalk.
  • sazzyanne14
    sazzyanne14 Posts: 77 Member
    headphones and ipod. hate taking my iphone into the gym with me. too many distractions
  • KristinNicole82
    KristinNicole82 Posts: 164 Member
    Motivation
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Shorts/pants. Not that I really care, but I get fewer charges pressed that way.
  • b_ray_73
    b_ray_73 Posts: 110 Member
    Phone for music and the day's training plan, water bottle, after-workout protein shake and chalk.
  • kk1084
    kk1084 Posts: 51 Member
    A thousand times yes-- headphones!! I cannot CANNOT stand the sounds of loud, loud talking, body gossip, creaky machines, or silly pick up lines... I also need whatever book I am currently reading ;) But I guess I could do without that if I HAD to :P
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    A towel. I sweat. A lot. So it's necessary for my comfort lol. And my notebook where I keep track of my run times & workouts.

If I'm doing longer distance running, then I like to have my iPod to tune things out.

Edit: Oh, you said just one. Then I'll go with the towel lol.
  • rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Motivation

Best answer, we all will NOT get to the gym without motivation!

Assuming I have arrived at the gym with my ID and workout clothes:
    1) I use headphones when I am doing cardio. All our cardio/elliptical machines have TV's with plug ins.
    2) Weightlifting gloves. My wife does not like calluses on my hands.
    3) Water Bottle. I suck down water after every lift or about every 4-5 minutes when doing cardio.

Gym provides sweat and shower towels.
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Headphones ... not because of the things you named (although annoying) but because I dont want to hear myself stuggle, or the sound the tredmil is making as if its going to die under the pressure

50540473.png

Im sure you dont sound that bad :)

If anything it would be the sound of some idiot getting killed by weights cause he is trying to lift more than he knows he can to impress someone >.>

OK now that I think about it more SHOES!!!!!!! I went to the gym today in slippers and had to turn back and get them (luckily I work out in my building) it was annoying

50540473.png
  • sineanbroc
    sineanbroc Posts: 25 Member
    Sports bra! Definitely....

If I forgot that I would come home with a sore chest and two black eyes! :laugh: :laugh:
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Chalk.

beast mode activated!!!
  • mnbdance
    mnbdance Posts: 4 Member
    Go figure, I responded to this post and guess what I forgot to take to the gym...yes my ipod the one thing I can't go to the gym without. I am certain had I not responded I would not have forgotten the ipod...murphy's law...thank goodness for iheartradio on my phone...lol
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    chalk