• arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    2014 Acura MDX. Freaking love it.

^^ pretty much sums it up there.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I have a Jeep Liberty. She's been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. '06 with 168K miles on her. The Compass crossover is more like a car, though. I test drove one, and it rode really nice. I don't know anyone who actually owns one to know if it's good. The Patriot is also supposed to be more car-like, but I don't know anyone who owns one of those, either.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE MY GMC ACADIA!!!!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Audi Q7! Love mine!
  • LilBritGettinFit
    LilBritGettinFit Posts: 106 Member
    Options

^^^ yep me too.
  • MasterKat
    Options
    Just purchased a 2013 4Runner Limited. Lovin' it! :heart: :love:
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    So I haven't had a new car in like...FOREVER! Right now I'm driving a chevy trailblazer from 2002 that's going to crap out in a few months due to a hole in some pipe underneath. I need to look into getting a new SUV. I want one that drives like a car and not a tank and can comfortably ride 2 kids.

Anyone???? I'm open to doing my research but just wondering what you guys drive and/or recommend.

Thanks!

Well, I was going to say a Nissan Xterra but it sits high.. So you will feel like you're driving a truck. Good luck!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    So I haven't had a new car in like...FOREVER! Right now I'm driving a chevy trailblazer from 2002 that's going to crap out in a few months due to a hole in some pipe underneath. I need to look into getting a new SUV. I want one that drives like a car and not a tank and can comfortably ride 2 kids.

Anyone???? I'm open to doing my research but just wondering what you guys drive and/or recommend.

Thanks!

How often do you go off-roading? Take it on the beach? How much snow do you get where you live?

I feel like hijacking this thread and making it all about me :)

1. I hit curbs often, does that count?
    2. We don't have beaches, dude.
    3. Up to 4 feet at a time...

Hmmm, so you want something that doesn't ride like a car, but a tank. Do you have kids? And if so, do they have to ride in the SUV or can they ride up top and shovel snow... which isn't exercise, btw?

Right?? He's still a bit too small to work the "hand plow" for another year or two, but then... on top. And no, no extra calories for him.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    We just bought a Honda CR-V. We test drove a bunch of different ones and this one was the best combo of safety, price, comfort, reliability and space. It has plenty of room for two kids comfortably and a lot more cargo space then you would think! I personally like bigger SUV's but honestly with only one child on the way (us) or even two kids (you), it isn't necessary to have a larger one. Also a major plus is the CR-V has really good gas mileage.

Edited to add: This definitely drives more like a car. Really smooth and quiet!

^ This..Just bought a 2013 and LOVE it.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

^^^ yep me too.

I work for a dealership and this seems to be a very popular SUV. It's an SUV but it rides like a car. Low and smooth. I didn't like the room in the back/trunk, but my baby girl is still using a stroller. Other then that. nice SUV.

I chose the Nissan Xterra 2012 because of the room and the hard rubber in the back area. Love that little bad *kitten*!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Check out the Mazda CX5, it's considered a crossover. I'm looking to get a new car next spring and this is on the top of my list, great reviews and gas mileage, one of the few crossovers with good MPG for both City and Hwy.

ETA, I work for a company where I get to drive many different company cars, from the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Nissan Pathfinder, Dodge Journey (worst car ever!) Murano, Aracdia, Escape, etc. I'd still get the CX5.
  • MJC360
    MJC360 Posts: 368
    Options
    Jeep Grand Cherokee
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    In to read later.

We need to replace our truck (it is 15 years old with 300K on it...it's done well for us, but it is on it's last leg). We do not really want another truck...but, we absolutely MUST get something that can tow at least 2k lbs (I'd prefer 2500-3k to give us a little leeway) to tow the enclosed trailer with 2 snowmobiles. I'd like something that gets at least 25mpg average (when not towing), as it will be a daily driver also. AWD/4WD is a MUST (does not need to be in AWD/4WD all the time). I'd like to be able to put my bicycle in the back (ie seat folded down, front bike tire off). Prefer a moonroof. Prefer that it comes in a bright blue. Budget wise, between trade in and down payment, max price of $35k (incl all features, and taxes).

ETA - We've been waiting for the Mazda CX-5 Diesel, but with the Mazda 6 Diesel being pushed back to spring 2014, and no ETA on the CX-5 diesel, we just can't wait any more :(
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Thanks!

How often do you go off-roading? Take it on the beach? How much snow do you get where you live?

I feel like hijacking this thread and making it all about me :)

1. I hit curbs often, does that count?
    2. We don't have beaches, dude.
    3. Up to 4 feet at a time...

Hmmm, so you want something that doesn't ride like a car, but a tank. Do you have kids? And if so, do they have to ride in the SUV or can they ride up top and shovel snow... which isn't exercise, btw?

Right?? He's still a bit too small to work the "hand plow" for another year or two, but then... on top. And no, no extra calories for him.

I'd go with a Merc G-Class in that case.

pffft.... done.

Mercedes-Ener-G-Force-Concept.jpg

Thanks, Jason :)
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    I have a 2012 Chevy Equinox and I love it!! Not too big and not too small.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    In to read later.

We need to replace our truck (it is 15 years old with 300K on it...it's done well for us, but it is on it's last leg). We do not really want another truck...but, we absolutely MUST get something that can tow at least 2k lbs (I'd prefer 2500-3k to give us a little leeway) to tow the enclosed trailer with 2 snowmobiles. I'd like something that gets at least 25mpg average (when not towing), as it will be a daily driver also. AWD/4WD is a MUST (does not need to be in AWD/4WD all the time). I'd like to be able to put my bicycle in the back (ie seat folded down, front bike tire off). Prefer a moonroof. Prefer that it comes in a bright blue. Budget wise, between trade in and down payment, max price of $35k (incl all features, and taxes).

ETA - We've been waiting for the Mazda CX-5 Diesel, but with the Mazda 6 Diesel being pushed back to spring 2014, and no ETA on the CX-5 diesel, we just can't wait any more :(
    You might want to look at the 4 door Wrangler.
    It is rated for 4,000 LBS and is obviously a 4X4
    You can get into a 4 door Wrangler sport for under 30K and, with the new 3.6 engine, you can get very close to 25 MPG on the highway.
    If you get the hardtop, they have panels that come off (Like the old T Tops back in the day) or, the entire roof comes off.
    For your price range, I don't see what else will fit your needs.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options

Thanks!

You want a new SUV. For the RAV4 (mentioned in this thread) you will spend in the neighbourhood of $23,000.

Now, imagine spending $23,000 to repair your current SUV. What would it look like? Unless you can make a case for increased safety, then why not repair it? The engine in your SUV has been manufactured by GM for a long time, and they have a good history.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    In to read later.

Toyota Sienna