WANTED- your not so ordinary NSV goals

Options
We are all here to be a little healthier, smaller, fitter and look better naked.....but what NSVs are on your list that aren't just the big goals...

Mine
-for a regular bath towel to go all the way around me
- not loosen the toilet seat ever time I sit on it....hopefully some of you can relate, but I recently realized my weight was the underlying cause to the toilet seat slowly loosening at the bolt. So embarrassing to realize my size was causing damage to our home

Replies

• Aljoneshop
    Aljoneshop Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I so agree with the towel thing. I just started buying the larger ones years ago but those occasional showers at someone's house always mortify me!

For me it's clothes. Somehow before children I had money to buy cute clothes...ha. I have boxes of them everything from 1 size smaller to 4 sizes smaller. I have nothing to wear most days but have all of those waiting for me.
  • RJay64
    RJay64 Posts: 135
    Options
    Paint all five toenails at one time, instead of one, then straighten up and breathe; two, straighten up and breathe; three.... you get the picture. And isn't it a lovely one?
  • BokBagok
    BokBagok Posts: 345
    Options
    Being able to tie my shoelaces without it being an ordeal.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    More strangers honking at me while I walk down the street! At least once a week!! haha
  • micervera
    micervera Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Being able to look at old pictures of myself and not recognize me. :)
  • knittinlady
    knittinlady Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Having the energy to play in the snow with my kids.
    Being able to pose for a photo without the ever-present thought "suck in the belly".
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    If anyone else asks me to be a bridesmaid I would like to be able to wear a 'regular' size dress - because God knows that the bridal designers do not size those dresses with any forgiveness.

I want to even out my body. I wear a size 8/10 jeans but a 14/16 top/dress. Annoying

To run a race and not wonder if people are wondering why a fat girl is running a marathon or why a fat girl is running a 5k or half marathon that fast......
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    ~ To not jiggle when I laugh
    ~ No awkward belly slapping during... well... you know...
    ~ To not be winded walking up the three flights of stairs at work
    ~ To be honked at and whistled at when I'm out in public
    ~ To feel comfortable in public
    ~ To match my new boyfriend's hotness
    ~ To not be the workhorse farm girl, but the hot cowgirl instead
  • dacspace
    dacspace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    To wear boots without having to resort to "wide-calf" sizes!
    To wear those cute knee socks with the sayings without the words looking all stretched and distorted!
    The coveted LBD (little black dress)... can't wait to rock it in one!
    No more making sure my belly is sucked in and my head is turned "just so" in order to not have the belly bulge or the dreaded double chin in photos
  • sbear867
    sbear867 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Being able to look at old pictures of myself and not recognize me. :)
    I love this. Adding to my list
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    To wear pants & not have my legs rub together
    To be able to shave my legs easier
    To be able to wear whatever I want without having to squeeze myself into it
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    The towel was a big one for me :) I realized last night that I could actually wrap it and tuck it

My other ones were take a flight without needing a seatbelt extender (I did that in October) and to cut up my credit cards for the plus size stores...

I said goodbye to Avenue, Lane Bryant, Ashley Stewart, etc
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Not having to shop at plus sized stores or the plus size section.

ETA and not finding something I love just to find out they don't make it big enough.
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I can relate to the toilet seat thing. But I blame it on my husband. But it will be nice to know it is him and not me.

I'm supposed to be a maid of honor at the end of feb. I want to look good in my strapless dress. It is already too big by a size or two. I'm almost hoping I will exceed their 3 size alteration limit and have to buy a new dress. It would be financially annoying but personally awesome.
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I also want to be able to sit and wrap my arms around my bent knees and still breathe. Our comfortably cross my thighs.
  • FattyFatsoMcTubby
    FattyFatsoMcTubby Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My most satisfying goals that I have reached in the past few months:

Being able to kneel down and tie my shoes with my knee between my arms and being able to breath
    Being able to wipe and wash my nether regions without strain. It got so bad I would get muscle cramps every time I tried to reach back there (embarrassing but true)

Still to attain:

To be able to sit in an airline seat without my sides touching both arm rests (getting close maybe at Christmas)
    To be able to walk into any clothing store and find clothes that fit and eventually to find them in the middle of the rack (not at the XL end)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think of these BEFORE they happen. I just notice them when they do happen.
  • sbear867
    sbear867 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Discovered another today when describing a machine at the gym to my husband....

I want to be able to do the suspended elliptical with out my hips rubbing the sides of the machine like a stuffed sausage. So not cool to be bruised on both hips but to proud to move to a different machine after I started
  • MizSookeh
    MizSookeh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I went swimming for the first time in 11 years this week. :)

I haven't lost much weight yet, so it's not a "finally looking good in a swimsuit" deal by ANY means, but I'm at a level of dedication to my goals that I sucked it up (and in!) and did it anyway.

AND without a shirt over the top or boardshorts or anything to hide myself in. I was pretty chuffed!