Alcohol / Wine / Champagne

Options
Hello there, I was wondering if there is anyone who lost weight but without getting off of the daily 2 glasses of wine.
Of course, I know, Alcohol increases love handles/belly, however, how can one not have a good Sauvignon Blanc/Champagne for an aperitif on Parties or say no to a Bordeaux at the table when is served? I can push away the chips, rice, noodles or any other fatty thinggy, but NOT a good bottle of wine!

Cheers
U.

Replies

• paul100
    Options
    Well... I just joined this site, partly in order to get a better understanding of where my calories came from.

I'm actually suprised that a couple of glasses of wine in an evening is relatively little compared with many things. Yesterday I ended up having 3 glasses of wine (some friends came round in the evening) - which is more than I would normally have in a day, although most evening I'd have a glass or two with dinner. But I was still under my target calories for the day.... the real killer as far as calories go is fatty food, it seems. A couple of dollops of mayonnaise, for example, is as many calories as a small glass of wine...
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    REDUCE to drinking a couple of times a week. it will help
    daily drinking will mean a struggle for weight loss. it is sad, i know. My champagne thursdays habits (which used to come a few days a week) are now a distant memory....
  • Julezebub
    Options
    If I know I'm going to have some calories left over I look forward so much to a nice glass of Rioja! Its calories yes but they are fat free calories so on the days where I save a bit of my quota for wine all my numbers for fat and other nasties are really low!

All of this calorie counting is just teaching us moderation at the end of the day isn't it. I've found that things taste sooooo much better when you have one instead of two and you wait a few days in between naughty pleasures to really work up the suspense!
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    ugh ya it might be fat free but it is still sugar. which ultimately turns into fat. drinking does not make you skinny unless you are chugging a bottle of whiskey and nothing else and living off your ulcer pain