December Challenge

Options

Replies

• teamdela22
    teamdela22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would love to join as well. 15 lbs of post pregnancy weight to lose. Eating a sugar, grain and dairy free diet, high protein and full of fruits and veggies. I am also doing the 100 miles in December Challenge as well as lifting heavy weights. Here's to a successful December!
  • lollymike
    lollymike Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • DaveDTD
    DaveDTD Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I will join also. I have been stuck in a rut and need to lose 15 more lbs. Lets do this!!!
  • Loresbsp
    Loresbsp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Count me in also. I lost so much weight last year and have put it all back on, plus some. My goals for now are just to eat clean and healthy, work out 5x a week, and drink more water.
  • mistaqclay
    mistaqclay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually try to go at it alone...usually for fear that my motivation will cease and I will lament others progress. NO LONGER! Time for me to stop being afraid of success. I've already been doing P90x for about a few weeks, so I'm in as well.
  • Fit_in_Folsom
    Fit_in_Folsom Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Just started yesterday. I have 20 lbs to go and want it all gone by Jan. I am a huge proponent of clean eating. I did a Paleo style challenge for 33 days and it did amazing things to my body without even trying.

Start stats: 5 foot 9, 201.6 pounds weigh in yesterday. Got on the scale today and down to 200.2.
    Target weight is 180

Goal: Work out 5x a week (combo of interval cardio, swimming, and weights)

BTW, looking for friends and encouragement. First time here....
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Just started yesterday. I have 20 lbs to go and want it all gone by Jan. I am a huge proponent of clean eating. I did a Paleo style challenge for 33 days and it did amazing things to my body without even trying.

Start stats: 5 foot 9, 201.6 pounds weigh in yesterday. Got on the scale today and down to 200.2.
    Target weight is 180

Losing 20 pounds in a month is definitely not a healthy goal (or probably even possible unless you starve), especially for your current weight and target weight being so close together. If you did lose that much it'd probably be mostly water weight mixed with a little fat and muscle loss. Please shoot for something realistic, like a 4-5 pound loss by January. Your target weight can wait a couple months while you get there safely and in good health.
  • Fit_in_Folsom
    Fit_in_Folsom Posts: 220 Member
    Options

Target weight is 180

Losing 20 pounds in a month is definitely not a healthy goal (or probably even possible unless you starve), especially for your current weight and target weight being so close together. If you did lose that much it'd probably be mostly water weight mixed with a little fat and muscle loss. Please shoot for something realistic, like a 4-5 pound loss by January. Your target weight can wait a couple months while you get there safely and in good health.

Appreciate the info. I do agree. I think I can do 2lbs a week, so more like 8lbs for December. I am guessing that some of this will be water weight as you stated. I am hoping the clean eating will kick things up too.
  • runslf
    Options
    I'm in! I've been struggling to get my weight loss started..... I have about 15# to lose total.
  • KNIPB
    KNIPB Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in I just started a challenge for myself in December too!!! I also want to lose 20lbs.
  • Fifty100
    Options
    Sure, count me in as of today. I NEED to lose 25 pounds and tone up my body as well. To help me reach my goal I’ve decided to:
    1. Exercise 4 to 5 times a week, and keep track of my exercises each day for a month.
    2. Change my eating habits to include more fruits and veggies and less sugar and processed foods,
    and keep a log of what I eat for a month.
    3. Drink more water and make a serious attempt to cut out drinking sodas.
    4. Check my weight once a week to track my progress.
    I’m seriously looking forward to this challenge. Not only to lose weight, but to improve my overall health.

Okay I’m going to weigh in right now and get started!!!!!!!!
  • leighla323
    leighla323 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I will give it a whirl.

I am currently underway on a CG Cutter. We have 2 treadmills, 2 lemond bikes, some weights, kettlebells, punching bags, medicine balls, TRX straps, and the ability to run around the flight deck. Though on days when it is rough it is really hard to work out. Yesterday I ran while we were doing some manuevering and I had to hold onto the treadmill or I would fall over.

Also the food isn't the healthiest. I have packed some tuna, protein and some other better for me snacks. I will try to check in as time allows :)
  • PennyLane379
    PennyLane379 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'll join! I'm hoping to connect with some others so I can stay accountable, so if anyone wants to add me I welcome it! :)
    My personal goals are:
    Eat clean (this is very new for me, but advised by my doc so I have to adjust)
    Workout 5 days a week
    Weigh-in once per week and measure

December is a rough month to start, but I'm adopting a NO EXCUSES attitude. So here we go!!
  • EvelynR1967
    EvelynR1967 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have my last 20 pounds to loose!!!!!
  • Loresbsp
    Loresbsp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing today? I did good yesterday, but ended up having a few beers with a friend last night :-( I will have good day today, and no more cheating!
  • cici13095
    Options
    I'm definitely in!! that was my goal as well!!
  • lakerschick275
    lakerschick275 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    is it too late to join?
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    If it's not too late I would like to join... I have 60+lbs to lose but would love to lose 10 by the new year. I hope you have room in the group for me. Thank you!
  • rashuma
    rashuma Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I too wish to join
  • kimbobaker
    Options
    My goal is 45 pounds and exercise 6 days a week. I am thinking about the clean eating thing. So far so good. 110 minutes for this week so far!