New and would love some support!

Options
Hii,

I haven't long had a baby and gained like.. 10000lbs as a result (yeah, I was eating for like ten or something haha). My daughter is 9 months now and I'm still continuing to pile the weight on, mainly out of depression. I guess I got the baby blues late or something? I'm so desperate to lose this weight now. My bmi went from like 20 something to being in the morbidly obese range!! I've lost 5lbs in 3 days just counting calories and not ordering fast food lol but I know I need to do more to really shift this weight. Would love to meet some other people in the same boat! Or anyone just desperate to lose weight!

Replies

• MoiKarina
    MoiKarina Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me Jenn

I believe supporting each other is the key :flowerforyou:
  • SkyDive_40
    Options
    Feel free to add just started today. looking to lose around 77 lbs and get to 120 for 5'5 body
  • j3nndar3lla
    Options
    thank you both!friend requests sent :D
  • j3nndar3lla
    Options
    fyi skydive, I'm 234 and 5ft 4 haha... so don't feel so bad! ;) 120 sounds like a good target to aim for ! I've found if you log into this every day, it reaaallly helps to keep you in check =] good luck! xo
  • tottie06
    tottie06 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Request sent! I am in it for the long haul.
  • los1284
    los1284 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have a gameplan, these are critical steps when starting any diet and exercise program:

1) Eliminate empty carbs in terms of sugar and processed fast foods

2) Stablish a baseline diet, find out what your calorie intake is for 7 days add it all together and divide it by 7. This will show you how zig zag eating is affection you.

3) resistance training + cardiovascular exercise need to go hand in hand

Hope this help..
  • NaturalyLovely
    Options
    Hey ladies!! I'm fairly new here and would love an active support group! Name is Paris I'm 5'8, 208lbs now! Add me, we can lose together! :-)
  • ottilias
    ottilias Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! Same here, started last week and would love a support group. Feel free to add me as well :)
  • jamiebrown81
    Options
    I am starting today also! I am 5'6" and 220. I have been fluctuating about 20 pounds for the past year or so. I am tired of being overweight and then re-gaining and re-losing the same 20. I just got engaged so I really want to make my health my priority. I think this is the best first step I have taken in a long time. I was always in shape and very athletic when I was younger but when I was 17 I had a car accident that came along with a severe brain injury and many broken bones. That was the beginning of the end for my fitness and life without depression. I need to keep my focus on the long-term goals and try and manage my impulsivity. I have been looking at this website for the past two days but very hesitant to put my story out there. I am shocked, amazed and impressed with everyone on this site! Everyone seems so supportive and helpful I just feel like I can't let this opportunity pass me by. Please add me!

Jamie
  • nailasmomma
    nailasmomma Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as well! I'm a new mommy, to a now 6 month old, and its getting harder to lose weight! I must have gained like 55 pounds during pregnancy, but I was at my all time high weight so I'm looking to lose another 20 on top. After delivery and not watching what I was eating, I had lost about 15 pounds. Since I've been actively trying to lose weight (last 3 months), I've lost about 30 pounds, so I have a ways to go (another 30-35 pounds).

Key is to start with some thing, any thing! Pick one thing you think is bad that you do now and eliminate it. If you eat out, then just try not to eat out and start cooking at home. I haven't started exercising till more recently, but maybe incorporate a quick walk around the block with the baby if you can! I think what helped me was to start slowly, in BABY steps. :)
  • jerzeygirl619
    jerzeygirl619 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Sarah. I decided today is the day I'm going to change. I had a hysterectomy a year ago and gained about 25 pounds from the hormone change. Then I quit smoking 6 months ago and have gained almost 50 pounds as I was getting over that nasty addiction. I currently weigh 245 pounds and I should weigh around 150-160.

My goals are as follows: drink more water daily, eat 1500 calories good healthy good everyday, cook a new healthy recipe every week, and workout 5 days a week ( even if its just a walk with my dog).

I'm open to any and all suggestions on how to accomplish this. Good luck to all of you. I have faith we can do this.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm 5'5" with a current goal of getting down to 150 but I will most likely adjust that and shoot closer to 140 or so. I've been doing this for 61 days now! I signed up back in 2010 but stopped after a few days. As of October, I have been dedicated to losing this weight. Please feel free to add me. I log everyday and I try to send motivation and encouragment and cheers every time I can! I think support and accountability are the keys to keeping this going. I need and give both!
  • Christina2189
    Christina2189 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenn!

Today is my first day as well and I noticed, as well, how supportive everyone here is! I have done diets forever and I think what makes MFP so successful is having the support system on here and even though we all come from different backgrounds, we are all supportive of each other trying to achieve weight loss and our personal goals. Good luck!
  • zcarpenter91
    zcarpenter91 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me too :) I'm an avid logger :)
  • Lorelai23
    Lorelai23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have a five month old. I know where you are at!
  • roonaldo720
    roonaldo720 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wellness coach here. Add me too :))
  • shafa4321
    shafa4321 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    add me who dooesnt want more friend?
  • PennyLane379
    PennyLane379 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just got back on the wagon myself, so feel free to add me! I think support really does help - the support I've gotten after just asking for it a day ago is amazing, and I feel so much more accountable. I haven't had any kids, but I sure have had my share of donuts and the belly fat has taken up residence! Let's all back each other up and do this thing!
  • amysgottadothisthang
    Options
    Pick me! Pick me! I have been doing this for a few months. I have lost 22 lbs. I am trying to keep my calories around 1500-1600 on the days I work out with my trainer and 1400ish on days that I do cardio at home. I am getting a bit discouraged as my weight has been the same for over 2 weeks now!
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I've already sent a request to the OP and a couple others. If anyone else would like to add me, feel free. I desperately need some accountability. I started with MFP (again) last week and am 1 pound down out of 25 that need to go.