Can 2 people use MFP?

Options
Both my husband and I would like to use MFP, how do we do that? We have one iPad. I can only get one profile. Any suggestions?
Thank you

Replies

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Just make a new account with his information...you can log out of yours when finished and he can log in.
  • gk03ub
    gk03ub Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    There is a log out button. Press it. Then log in with another account.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Although he might have to use a different email address...not sure on that.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You just need to have separate e-mail addresses.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    You must buy another iPad or it will never work
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    One of you could use the web version of MFP (via Safari) and one could use the app version...I think you might be able to log into two different accounts that way.
  • Claygrandma
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's input. I just logged out and logged him in as new profile. Worked perfect. I just log out of my profile and he can log in as him. This is one of the best apps for logging food and exercise I have found! Love it!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Logging in and out over and over will be so tedious that ^this very quickly will seem like the best option.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    i thought IP address was a thing?
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options

Basically this. How annoying will logging in and out be?
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm on a tablet and still use the web version, not the app. You can install an alternative browser and each of you can use a different browser and save your login, saves you logging in and out :wink:

Or buy a second ipad:bigsmile:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'm on a tablet and still use the web version, not the app. You can install an alternative browser and each of you can use a different browser and save your login, saves you logging in and out :wink:

Or buy a second ipad:bigsmile:

what about one IPAD and one cell phone they might already have?
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how many devices you use. One would work fine. But you need different accounts, each with a different email address. Just sign up for a free gmail address if needed.

I've never understood people using the same email address either. I actually avoid sending email to people who share email addresses. This is, of course, a thread-jacking idea.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Both my husband and I would like to use MFP, how do we do that?

it only works if you're swingers.

Only joking. You each need to create your own "account" and then take turns logging in to log food and exercise. Then add each other as friends.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    it's will be okay....

as long as you don't cross the streams
  • Searching44
    Options
    it's will be okay....

as long as you don't cross the streams

What happens if you cross the streams?!?!?!?!?:noway:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Logging in and out on one iPad will quickly get very tiresome.

If either of you have a smartphone, one of you can stay logged in with the smartphone and the other with the iPad.

Or you can get a cheap Android tablet like a Kindle Fire HD ($140) for the other of you to use. Or find a used iPod Touch or something. Or one of you can use your computer, assuming you have one somewhere.
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    One of you could use the web version of MFP (via Safari) and one could use the app version...I think you might be able to log into two different accounts that way.

My boyfriend and I do this for facebook, youtube, and email. Works perfectly and is easier than both of us logging in and out all of the time.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Using the web version of MFP on a tablet or smartphone is kind of a pain, and you lose the ability to scan barcodes.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I also use two different web browsers with my mom's computer, which is right next to the kitchen and therefore convenient to update from. She updates hers with Chrome and I do mine from Firefox. We both stay logged in the whole time.