How to keep carbs LOW?!

Options
I'm trying to cut for a bikini competition in April, so doing 20% intake carbs, 40% protein, and 40% fat. It's almost IMPOSSIBLE because I don't eat meat (save fish). Still, I'm not trying to eat tuna 3x per day because blehhh!

Is anyone else out there able to maintain carbs at around 20%?? I'm struggling at 35%, and that's on a diet of whey protein, tuna, eggs, coconut oil, raw nuts, and vegetables. ANY suggestions are highly appreciated!!!

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    are you a vegan or something? just curious why you don't eat meat...

Is chicken an option or does that count as meat?

Some fish that would be good ..talipa, sword fish, tuna, salmon

greek yogurt, olive oil, almonds, cottage cheese...
  • KetoBella
    KetoBella Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Look into a ketogenic diet you can up the fat to around 70 to 80% lower the protein to about 25 and the balance in carbs. You will find you will not be hungry and you will feel awesome!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    i can keep my carbs low when I want to ...but I eat meat...
  • tdeem009
    tdeem009 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Look into a ketogenic diet you can up the fat to around 70 to 80% lower the protein to about 25 and the balance in carbs. You will find you will not be hungry and you will feel awesome!

This sounds completely amazing… way more interested in upping fat than protein! Hopefully it'll help shred fat and still build muscle. I will definitely look into this, thank you!
  • tdeem009
    tdeem009 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not a vegan, or vegetarian per say, but I do try to avoid dairy products other than unsalted organic grassfed butter just because of the additives and manufacturing processes. As for the meat, after watching those documentaries they show you in school about conventional farming I became uninterested, and now trying to get it down my throat is a struggle because it's lost its taste. Bummer, because I know lean meats are such a great low-carb way to get high protein!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I'm not a vegan, or vegetarian per say, but I do try to avoid dairy products other than unsalted organic grassfed butter just because of the additives and manufacturing processes. As for the meat, after watching those documentaries they show you in school about conventional farming I became uninterested, and now trying to get it down my throat is a struggle because it's lost its taste. Bummer, because I know lean meats are such a great low-carb way to get high protein!

oh, OK....

I guess it is tuna and fish for you ...

not really so sure about ketogenic diet..some people swear by it..others say it is bunk....